14 days and still no sleep

Status
Not open for further replies.
I didn't even have to ask after reading the first few threads. its 3:25 in the and my comfort level is about 10% I am tryin to sleep in a recliner without much success. at least I know I am not alone.

Hi - I'm a newbie here and just found this site which I think is great! My advice....take the Ambien! If you're afraid just cut in in half and if you wake up in the middle of the night, take 2 tylenol. This won't hurt you. Also try sleeping on the good side with pillow between your legs and one in the front and one in the back. I'm 3 weeks out and last night I laid on my bad side for 4 minutes!!! It was heaven:D

Hi,
I am a BTKR over a year out. I shared this on the knee side, so I will now share it on the hip side. A cure for insomnia is taking 2 ~ 600 mg Calcium + Vitamin D at bedtime along with 2 ~ Magnesium 250 mg at bedtime. It puts you right to sleep. If you wake up with pain, take a pain pill. It works!
Take 1 of each in the AM.

Crystal---I don't think I have seen your post about your bedtime supplements.I take a range of supplements--worked out along with a former primary care doctor--for my health (I also give my husband a full range of supplements.) I take Calcium 1000mg and 500 mg Magnesium at bedtime to help with sleep--especially when I've had knee pain to deal with in the past years. I am taking this combination right now---usually this is all the medication I need at bedtime. If I end up taking something for pain--it's usually around 2-3 am. Nancy

Hi, I haven't posted here in a bit, I had my THR last summer and boy do I remember not being able to sleep for weeks. I thought I would go nuts from lack of sleep. Then one night I managed to catch a few hours and it was like a new world sleeping again.
Not sure if it is the back thing or just having surgery like that as I really had no pain to complain of. But I think most suffer from not sleeping. Anyway it will come one of these days and you will wake up and the morning light will hit you and it will be like Wow I did it. Good luck to you. .

Hi Wayne,
While in the hospital, the second night after surgeries, the nurses rolled me onto my unoperated side, placing pillows around to keep me stable, and let me sleep that way for most of the night before placing me back on my back. Hurt some getting there, but worth it.
I also did this at home by myself. Main thing to remember is to not let the operated leg get crossed over. I don't see that happening, however, because it definitely lets you know when you overdo things. In the hospital, I had that chunk of foam between my legs, but I did much better with just a pillow at home, and much more comfortable.
I also managed to get over on my tummy for a short while with no damage done.
Hang in there, as it does get better.

Glenys
LHR 5/28/09
RHR 5/23/09

Hi everyone,
Well I had my pre-op appointment with the hospital and all went well. I was rather worried that there would be problems. The only problem that arose was that due to the "severe" stenosis in my lower back I will have a general anestetic (sp?) During the pre-op there was a short video and it showed the patient sleeping on his side. I am so confused about this but in the meantime I've ordered a foam mattress topper. And finally, I don't know if this is a good thing for everyone but when I cannot sleep I take a benedryl and it works very quickly. Thoughts on this idea??

I have been switching between bed and recliner, I lay in bed until I am miserable, then sit in the recliner til I am dozing off, even tho I take my tylenol before I lay down, it doesn't seem to help much. I am much anticipating having normal rest again.

You need your pain under better control. I just answered on your other thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
All2Gd88
Recent bookmarks
Back
Top Bottom