TKR 12 months and Strong

:giggle:I work with an Irish lass and I mentioned your word “brolly” . She said to tell you not to forget the lippy. Of course I had to ask what both words meant! Hahahahah. Have a wonderful weekend!

Melanie

Haha...Melanie......tell your Irish friend l always forget my lippy. Sad to say won't be doing much walking for a few weeks....not been stretching and have pulled my calf muscle (tkr leg). Knee strong as an ox but limping badly....gosh back to icing again. Very frustrating...been moving computers around at work...about 7 desk lot....not listen to my body and then stumbled a little pulling muscle on way home.......can't believe I got complacent!
@Lindylee no not going to do jogging.....just want to move fast when I need to...
Rain forecast for weekend ...gonna have some baby Nellie time

@kiwigirl, congrats on the grandbaby! I enjoyed ready about your progress. Being almost 10 weeks and back to work ( not quite full time yet ) has been tough. You give me hope with the walking progress you've been able to make. I love to walk and hike, but my ability to do great distances is something I will need to work towards. I will be one to continue posting progress updates over the course of the full year. Paying it forward for the others to benefit from :)

What a beautiful little granddaughter, and what a head of hair already! It sounds like you are coming along really well. Sorry to hear about that calf muscle. It just gives you more reason to rest.

Hey @Kiwigirl62 ,
How have you been? Are you still on track for the UK walk in September?

We will change your title for you.

Hi, well I am currently nearly 14 months post op BUT this post is a 1 Year update…just got really busy since I got back from Holidays.

I celebrated the 1 year anniversary for my knee replacement by doing the Coast to Coast hike from one side of England to the other (300kms over 16 continuous days),
Did this with a day pack and luggage transported every day…thank goodness because it was a lot more challenging than I thought although not for my knee.

Just being out of the mix for the year to give my body time to heal I was not as fit and it was definitely a challenge on the constant rough uneven surface EVERY day.

The first 5 days were spent climbing (OK) and descending (the worst). Used poles the whole way. Elevation map attached. Surfaces were either sodden, very rocky and uneven, peat bogs, BUT only 2 hours of rain the whole trip.

Found my self in some very challenging situations” very steep descents (just took very slow with poles) , very steep ascent (actually got of track once and found myself hauling myself up a cliff by the tuffs of grass!) Also slowly managing the bend in the knee climbing of some huge boulders with a shear drop to a river (not fun).

The KNEE….well it went absolutely tremendously – absolutely no troubles or welling with it at all – it sure is solid as a rock. No regrets – a wonderful time on reflection but will research

Did a week hols in Greece on the way back on last day tripped over a 2cm step, flat on my face, and pulled a tendon but the knee was solid with no pain. So spent 3-4 weeks stretching it out again.

So knee is totally good but as per normal I need to always take care to stretch my body – sometimes life gets in the way

Attachments

• c2c  elevation.jpg
    c2c elevation.jpg
    58.7 KB · Views: 155
  • Path up the cliffs.jpg
    Path up the cliffs.jpg
    286.4 KB · Views: 154
  • English country.jpg
    English country.jpg
    255.9 KB · Views: 154
  • c2c  elevation.jpg
    c2c elevation.jpg
    58.7 KB · Views: 138
  • Path up the cliffs.jpg
    Path up the cliffs.jpg
    286.4 KB · Views: 141
  • English country.jpg
    English country.jpg
    255.9 KB · Views: 146
Wow. Congratulations on that trek! Nice pictures as well.
What was your biggest day in KM? Your average days were like my maximum is right now, but I am still improving.

Wow!!:wowspring:

What a trip! Great that the new knee did do well!

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• EalingGran
    Staff member since January 23, 2024
  • Layla
    Staff member since November 20, 2017
  • Pumpkin
    Staff member since March 26, 2015
  • benne68
    Staff member since February 4, 2022

Forum statistics

Threads