TKR 11 years after TKR and doing great

jsykas

Country
United States United States
I am absolutely thrilled to report that I have had my TKR 11 years and am now 70 years old. I can not touch my heel to my butt, 5" away, but can do yoga, black diamond mogul & glade skiing, install hardwood flooring, lift grain sacks and run a farm, jog, do mile swims and do daily ab exercises. I do avoid icy groomers where skis chatter save one week a year at Killington Ski Race Camp. While getting a replacement sucked, it was necessary. I hope others with the same need have as good as an experience as I have. Zimmer high flex is what I got. After initial recovery, nothing has adversely affected the replacement.

Hi @jsykas , thanks for your post! Fantastic to hear from someone who's had his TKR for years and is more active than a lot of people half his age! A few years hence, I hope to be able to post a similarly successful post!

@jsykas Thanks for the great update! I'm sure your return to real life will give newbies some inspiration!

@jsykas Congratulations.
I skied at 6 months after TRK. Skiing Diamond Moguls, glades and a lot of Groomers since we are having a low snow season.
Not a big fan of Groomers especially icy ones like today.
I have a little pain from IT Band sometimes but X-rays show knees is good.
Hope to get lots of years like you.
All the best.

Wow that's awesome to hear. I too hope to get back skiing and looking at next season as a time frame however, I think my days of moguls and aerials are over. Congrats on a successful recovery.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
shibbard
Recent bookmarks
Back
Top Bottom