Watch 2020 JRAD Videos

THR 10 years after TLHR; now severe 'burning' pain.

bertj

Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
It's many years since I posted here because everything has been fine with only slight aches until about 2 months ago. The joint is working well with no movement restriction but I'm now experiencing severe burning/itching/stabbing around the scar area. I thought it could be bursitis but my GP (phone consultation because of CVD19) is doubtful and suggests a form of delayed neuropathy. The pain is similar to that of shingles and the area is extremely sensitive to touch but there's no blistering or surface lesions. I can't get to see any medical people for the foreseeable future so I would be very grateful for comments.
I apologise for not getting in touch for years but often the good thing about a hip replacement is that you forget all about it!
regards from Bert

Pumpkln

Country
United States United States
@bertj
Welcome back to BoneSmart.
Sorry to hear you continue to have pain your scar.
While rare it is possible to have shingles without a rash, https://www.md-health.com/Shingles-Without-Rash.html .
Suggest you call your MD and ask them about shingles with out a rash. The article mention you can have a blood test for antibodies.

Hopefully the MD office will open up in your area so you can have a physical exam and workup to get to the bottom of what is going on with your hip.

OP
OP
B

bertj

Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Thanks for that. I have had shingles at least twice in the past without blisters etc. I'll now have another attempt to see a GP but things are rather difficult here in my part of the UK as CVD19 infections show no signs of diminishing.

New

Active Antibacterial

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
KateT
Recent bookmarks

Top Bottom