TKR Update

My dh got me something similar from the drugstore. Works great!

This has been a bit of a back-sliding week for me, and I have gotten a bit behind on a few things, including keeping up with posts. I just read about your walk on the beach which included climbing over a pile of rocks! That has got to be a high point, very encouraging to read. Congratulations.

I’m hoping to be able to fly out to Los Angeles in mid August. May be a bit optimistic. If so, I may be enjoying the view of your beaches there for awhile, but probably not walking them yet.

Sorry to hear back slide and hope you're moving forward again. Miss your wise posts.

Begay does back of your knee still hurt? Or just yet little stiff? My stiffness mostly on top

Back of knee is fine, not stiff is momentarily after long car ride/not in the morning I'm pleased about. My swelling is above the knee cap too like wings when they get bad. Quite nasty. Try to use a roller on the area. Not sure if it helps. I ice like a fiend.

I've been out enjoying LA since this morning. Sitting down as much as I could between errands. Now I'm home and icing and planning to stay put and not do another thing the rest of the day. It's really getting hot here, over 90 today. I'm crossing fingers my knee won't retaliate. :elevate:

Back to the movies today. Once Upon a Time in Hollywood, Tarintino's amazing new movie no spoilers. Same reclining lounge seating, close to 3 hours sitting in them. I can see how much I've improved since my last uncomfortable (same theater) movie excursion. No pain, no discomfort, no stiffness. Hardly gave my knee a thought throughout progress
:martini: It'll be 12 weeks tomorrow. Note to self, still need to be mindful of my limitations, they're there and more than ready to make themselves felt.

Last edited by a moderator:
The thought of going to a cinema is a way off for me yet, but I love going to the ballet at the theatre. Just realised once this recovery period is over.... I wont have to make sure I book a left aisle seat so I can stick the bad leg out on the stairs!

All these glimpses of normal life are very exciting ... just saw a trailer for the Tarantino film last night... does look spectacular! :wowspring:

@Pecanpie it's early days for you but the time goes so quickly and before you know it you'll turn that corner that we've all recognize and hope/work/wait for. It does get better!

@winemama wish we could celebrate :yay: hope it's going to be downhill (mostly :umm:) from here.

Last edited:
@Benay I'm going to see Once Upon A Time tomorrow, glad to hear it's so good! And that you're feeling so good!

Let me know what you think, was amazing.

I am good but slight regression, walked way too much a couple of days ago in hot and sticky weather. I'm icing, tylenoling and mentally beating myself up. I keep forgetting the balance between ok and not ok is very fragile. :beg:

Last edited:
We're all within a week! It passed quickly for me, glad to see the surgery buddies doing great - and your cat is really pretty!

@Benay I will let you know, it sounds like I'll love it. Don't beat yourself up, we all have difficult days occasionally, it will pass. We all feel good and do too much sometimes, I know I do.

70DD97C5-0666-41DC-B41C-3D0BEC1178AC.jpeg Thing is I get paranoid, loose implant, infection, mind skitters all over the show. Pain is below the knee cap which Is a first. Keep reminding myself it was only an excess of walking, thanks for the reassurance.

Comforting myself with the recovery meme which is all over the place. Still hoping for that straight shot to the finish :tiredwheel:

Last edited:
I love that meme, its so accurate! I've been really up & down this week. Getting my surgery bill didn't help!!

I often feel like I'm doing nothing but that's not true...I'm healing & that's a big something!!

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• djklaugh
    Staff member since December 30, 2020

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
corvettejanie
Recent bookmarks
Back