05-30-2019 The MAGIC Day For Me

Twishi

Country
United States United States
Hello everyone, I am Twishi and I am super excited to announce my right total hip replacement surgery date of May 30th, 2019. I quite smoking yesterday, exactly one month prior to surgery, after 40 years of being addicted following my surgeons advice. This same surgeon did a left total knee replacement on me on May 10, 2016 so I am very comfortable with him and have total faith and trust in him! I live in Ohio and we are experiencing some beautiful spring weather currently. Although, I do wish it would not rain as much as it is. The rain causes my arthritis to act up!! I am married to my best friend and have 3 grown daughters and 4 grandchildren. I love working in the many flower beds, although that has been very limited here recently. I am looking forward to being able to become more involved in that area as well as hiking and bowling.

Welcome to the site. This is a most wonderful spot for support and to get any questions answered. Soon you will be able to garden without pain.

Thanks for all the support Trenna, Leejaa and Cecropia! Quitting the smokes is the hardest thing I've ever done in my life!! But I do feel already and it's only been a few days. The rainy weather has my arthritis acting up still but I just deal with it! What else can you do, right. I had 3 previous back surgeries:
Laminectomy L3-L4 1997
Spinal Fusion L5-SI 1998
Redo Laminectomy L3-L4 1999
I live with pain of some sort every day of my life but the pain from the right hip is an intense pain that I've never felt before! I can't wait to walk with a normal gait and the ultimate goal is to be able to work in my flower beds once again! :flwrysmile:

Hi @Twishi :wave:welcome aboard! It won't be long before you can be back with your flower beds and enjoying those grandchildren! You'll find lots of good information and support here!

@Twishi Welcome to BoneSmart!
Laminectomy L3-L4 1997, Spinal Fusion L5-SI 1998, Redo Laminectomy L3-L4 1999
My friend if you have already been through these recoveries you are going to ace THR recovery. Much less complicated and in many cases no restrictions.

As you can see in my signature I had spinal surgery years ago and still live with that pain. But the pre-op pain you are now dealing with is much more intense. The good news is this will all be gone when you make that first step post op. Sure there is a bit of pain from having just had major surgery. But that grinding bone on bone pain is gone.

:wave:Hi @Twishi
Hope you are doing well.
Best wishes for your surgery tomorrow!

Wishing you all the best tomorrow.
Will look forward to following your recovery on the Hip Replacement Recovery side.
You'll find lots of support and encouragement there.
Hope to see you there soon. :wave:
@Twishi

Hoping everything is still a go for tomorrow and you're ready to go. We look forward to seeing you on the recovery side. Congrats on quitting smoking! I know how tough it is, did the same myself a little over 3 years ago. Keep hanging with it and it helps you heal better as well. Grew up in Ohio so know the weather there at this time of year can run the gamut!
:console2:

@Twishi - hello!! I think tomorrow is your big day and wanted to wish you the very best outcome and an easy pre op prep!! I was born and raised in Ohio so it's a place that is dear to my heart. Best wishes!!

Today's your big day!!! Will be thinking of you... I found it hard to post much my day of surgery. Even family....I told them text hubby. lol. He had a busy day on his phone. So take it easy after and give updates when you feel up to it.:flwrysmile:@Twishi

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
Dcytpoti
Recent bookmarks
Back
Top Bottom