THR Cortical Impaction

Status
Not open for further replies.

Doyley

Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Hi all,

I've not been here for a while. It's changed quite a bit.

Anyway. THR January 2014 and TKR March 2015.

I've been getting quite a lot of pain in my hip the last few months, normally when standing/walking. I've just been to see my consultant who took some xrays and says it looks like I have cortical impaction. He showed me the xrays and it looks like the stem is rubbing on the bone and causing the bone to react.

Has anybody had this? How did it go. He said I need to keep an eye on it and go back in 12 months or sooner depending on the pain. I'm only 33 now so a revision would be a really bad idea.

I'm interested to hear your stories.

Thanks .. I hope you're all doing well.

@Doyley Welcome back but sorry it's to investigate your pain. Did your surgeon say how this happened. I have not seen anyone on this forum with this issue but let's tag @Josephine and see if she has any insight.

Jaycey, hello again. Well I have strange issues with my bones. A genetic condition called Larsen Syndrome. He said it's something to do with that. I wish I took a photo of the xray now. But it's kind of twisted the way they had to put it in, something to do with that. Maybe twisted is the wrong word, it's in on an angle and I think the stem is thinner than what he would have liked to have used.

A genetic condition called Larsen Syndrome
Oh that IS a rare disease! Poor you.
He showed me the xrays and it looks like the stem is rubbing on the bone and causing the bone to react. I wish I took a photo of the xray now.
So do I! But if you would, you can get a copy of the xray on cdRom for a very small administrative fee. It would help me enormously to see it.

#LarsensSyndrome

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• Jaycey
    ADMINISTRATOR Staff member since February 2011

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties