Six Months Out Today Update! (left hip)

Status
Not open for further replies.

HopAlong

graduate
Country
United States United States
Hi Guys...

Today is my 6th month anniversary, and all is well. I still get warning soreness if I over-do my walking, but thats a good thing, otherwise I would never know when to stop.

It doesn't feel like it's healed 100% yet, but my recovery came a long way over the past 6 months. Anyone know the average time of a full healing....where you can feel comfortable enough to do almost everything without limits?

I still thank God every day for my new hip, I will never forget how horrible my days were before it. Life is good!

I hope everyone here is doing well too.

Hop

Hey, Hop!!Give yourself more time, One more month at least! It can take a year or more! Feel GOOD, Girl!!!! (:)0_

Thanks Judles!!!

I know i can never go running like I used to, but I can't wait to join a gym and go wild!

Hop

Are you limping..or favoring that leg? THAT will go away,too!!
Haha!! Going WILD at the gym!!! Hmmmmmmmm!!! (:)0)

Hi Hop

Sounds like you are doing really great. It is always good to read posts from people who are a bit in front of me. Keep it up!

Hop! You really are gonna have to change your Bonesmartie name!!!! (:)0)

Hop,
It can take longer than 6 months, but before then, I was back to doing everything. Of course running is out, but you know I tried it at 4 months just to see how it would feel. Felt great and normal. I am bad and every once in a while I run for a few minutes.

congtats and get to the gym and have fun
judy

Hey Hop, sounds like you are doing great! I passed my 6 month anniversary in August, and it just seemed like at that point things started getting even better! I do still get the warning soreness, too, when I'm really tired or have overdone it. I go for a bike ride, only about 5-6 miles, most evenings and that feels soooo good! I need to start walking long distances. Haven't really done any of that, because I still get a weird pain in my leg, even down in the knee and lower leg area sometimes when I walk very far. I think it's the IT band. Funny that bike riding doesn't hurt at all! I'm supposed to make an appt. with OS this month for a check, but haven't done it yet, but I am keeping a list of questions for him!

Join that gym and go wild!!

Karen

There will come a point one morning when you wake up, get up and go about your daily doings and suddenly, around midday, realise you've not given your new knee a passing thought.
ai21.photobucket.com_albums_b286_flagady15_smilies_ideaIPB.jpg
That's usually the point at which you can say you are "fully healed", both physically and mentally.

Especially since it's her HIP, Jo!!!! LOL!! (:)0)

Hop,
It can take longer than 6 months, but before then, I was back to doing everything. Of course running is out, but you know I tried it at 4 months just to see how it would feel. Felt great and normal. I am bad and every once in a while I run for a few minutes.

congtats and get to the gym and have fun
judy

You are allowed to run Judy??? My OS said no running ever! Anyone else here allowed to run? Ten years ago running was my passion!

Hop

Hey Hop, sounds like you are doing great! I passed my 6 month anniversary in August, and it just seemed like at that point things started getting even better! I do still get the warning soreness, too, when I'm really tired or have overdone it. I go for a bike ride, only about 5-6 miles, most evenings and that feels soooo good! I need to start walking long distances. Haven't really done any of that, because I still get a weird pain in my leg, even down in the knee and lower leg area sometimes when I walk very far. I think it's the IT band. Funny that bike riding doesn't hurt at all! I'm supposed to make an appt. with OS this month for a check, but haven't done it yet, but I am keeping a list of questions for him!

Join that gym and go wild!!

Karen

Will do ....soon I hope!
I haven't tried biking yet....will do that too. I walk two miles 3 or 4 days a week though, with Lola.

Are you limping..or favoring that leg? THAT will go away,too!!
Haha!! Going WILD at the gym!!! Hmmmmmmmm!!! (:)0)

The funny thing is....I only limp when I first get out of a chair, then in a minute I walk straight again.....is that weird? Or is it just my mind telling me that I better be careful on that hip, while picturing a mental post uncemented. I wonder if thats it?

There will come a point one morning when you wake up, get up and go about your daily doings and suddenly, around midday, realise you've not given your new knee a passing thought.
ai21.photobucket.com_albums_b286_flagady15_smilies_ideaIPB.jpg
That's usually the point at which you can say you are "fully healed", both physically and mentally.

Yeah, that reminds me of the early days of recovery when I found myself standing in the middle of a room without my crutch......and didn't even realize it was missing while walking there! :shk:

Hi Hop

Sounds like you are doing really great. It is always good to read posts from people who are a bit in front of me. Keep it up!

Thanks Steph...
How are you doing in your recovery?

The stiffnes getting out of a chair is NORMAL, Hop!!!! Not to worry!!! (:)0)

HI Jane (HOP), Know I have said before that for me there was alot of improvement from 6 - 12 months, mostly in strength and confidence that I could do anything. Have omitted running from my workouts but that is it. I was at a wedding yesterday and danced the night away with no pain. Remember when I felt quite different, especially the next morning. Today I am doing great and will get out there again walking or to gym. Hope your recovery goes like mine.

Laurie

Hope you are feeling good today, Hop!!!! (Didn't want to hijack your thread!!)......Laurie! You're doing GREAt, gil! Dancing at a wedding OMG....isn't that incredible???) And up bright and early!!!! Yaaaay!!!! (:)0_

You can tell who "we" are on the dance floor.....we have the biggest smiles on our faces because we appreciate being able to dance more than anyone else dancing!

Hop

THAT and the fact that we haven't really, I mean REALLY danced for sooo long!!!! Isn't it the BEST feeling??? Even WITH high heels!!! (:)0)

Status
Not open for further replies.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
007Knee
Recent bookmarks
Back
Top Bottom