TKR Slainte's Big Adventure

You're doing really well! Two new knees and both on their way to full recovery - fantastic. You'll soon be forgetting about them altogether as per your wish! Go you!

On my way home from a long weekend away. The 5-hr drive was the longest since my knee replacements and I really should have stopped a couple of times on the way, but I didn't think about it. I was really stiff upon arrival, but all was well after I walked around a bit. Had a great time walking around in some very cold weather. (Okay, I know almost all of you had MUCH colder weather, but 25 degrees in Florida is arctic to me. Glad to be heading home to Orlando. 70 tomorrow, I understand.) My knees are 6 1/2 months old and 3 1/2 months old. I remember they are new when I first stand up, and stairs are still no fun, but I can walk on a flat surface with no problem. Faithfully going to the gym 3 x week, and gradually adding more machines, reps, weight and time. My brain works again, and I am interested in trying new things and challenging myself. All you folks in the dark days of early recovery, hang in there. It is so worth it. My world is expanding again. Hope all my bonesmart friends are doing well!

Anytime sitting that long will bring stiffness, but it does get better after a few steps or so. Good to hear you're doing well, Jo!

Hi there! That is cold for Florida! I just passed 6 months and stairs continue to be a darn for me. I assume it is still way too early for the kayak? And good for you for hitting the gym.

Raffs, I had inserted my husband's favorite dog's photo on his cell phone as my contact photo, reasoning that every time I called him, the beloved dog's face would appear, and he would have happy feelings about my call. Well, this weekend he insisted that I put a real picture of me on his phone, so I took that selfie and used it. And I decided that I would show my real face to the world! Did your office get moved to one without a million stairs? Been thinking about you.

Lovely photo! You inspired me to update mine with a real photo of me. It's from my wedding four years ago in Hawaii.

It's lovely to see you at long last!!!! A new office has been found but needs to be fitted out before we can move in. I've been told either the end of February or the beginning of April. Reason for this is that we have our annual conference in March and so everyone will be really busy in the run-up to this - too busy for an office move to take place. I'm still working in our other London office - been here since early November. This office isn't big enough for us to move here - shame, as I really like it here. Thanks for asking, very thoughtful of you.

Hello Slainte!
It's so cool to "see" you, and wonderful to hear how well you are doing!!!!
I am recovering quicker from knee#2...hit 130/0 last week at PT.
I shoveled snow with my hubby yesterday and it didn't hurt at all!!!
I have started the job hunt...it's nice to have my brain back, LOL.
Having also been "in the dark valley" twice...I will also encourage everyone in the early days of recovery...
IT GETS BETTER!!!!

Hi @Slainte
It's great to hear that you're getting closer to living a normal life again and that your knees are recovering well.

Thank you for the encouragement to people who are still in the dark, early days of recovery. :yay: :flwrysmile:

Hello, you wonderful bonesmart people! Just wanted to give a quick update. My right knee is now 8 months old and my left knee is 5 months old. Since the beginning of the year I have been working out at the gym 3 times a week. Very gradually I have increased the weights and the reps, and I feel fantastic. At first I had to ease in on the recumbent bike, but now I just hop on and away I go! I still am really stiff if I am stupid and sit at my desk for several hours (you'd think I'd learn) but once I am up and moving I really don't think about my knees any more. If I am getting out of a car and can't open the door very far then I get a little twinge from having to bend my knee so much. It really is a long recovery, but it gets better all the time. I love my new knees. I sleep well at night. No pain when I roll over. I can remember how the pain would wake me in the night, but no more. I can't remember the last time I took anything to help me sleep or to ease the pain. So all you folks who are still in the early days, hang in there. You will be so glad you did this!

:wowspring:I'm really glad to read your update. I'm very happy that you are having a great recovery. It's gives some hope to those of us who have hi some potholes on our roads to recovery. Keep up the great work!

Very pleased to hear that you're getting on so well. As you say it is a long recovery but gives those of us still struggling a light at the end of that tunnel.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
TATTVASPA800000
Recent bookmarks
Back
Top Bottom