TKR Blendab1 meets her new knee

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are surgery twins, had it on the same day. Looks like I will not get to continue with you, have to have a redo done.

We are surgery twins, had it on the same day. Looks like I will not get to continue with you, have to have a redo done.
I just saw your thread and posted. Sometimes I worry that I will need further surgery with this IT issue but I keep saying it just takes time. I'm sorry you will need another surgery but it will get you where you need to be. Good luck my twin!!

Brenda

Hi @Blendab1, we met in the crafts' thread. Just stopping by to say Hello. Seems like you are doing very well, yjay is great. Keep up the good work. That taping does help things out a good deal. I have had my back taped years ago for another issue and it did wonders for me. That band pain sometimes lingers I remember it well. The good thing is, is that it does go away. Take good care of yourself. :loveshwr::loveshwr:

Today marks my 5 month anniversary! I wish I was doing as well as I did at 4 months but I had to move to a new apartment this past month and it took its toll on my knee. I slacked off on my PT due to being sore, swollen and exhausted and it shows as I don't even think I'm at 90 ROM. I have started with my exercises as well as icing and elevating again now that I'm all settled. I pray I can back to where I was and even improve. I still have that awful IT band pain and if it's not better in the next few weeks I will be calling the surgeon for sure. On a positive note at least my arthritis pain is gone and my new apartment was worth all the agony of this move.

Brenda

I'm sure you'll get back your ROM once your knees settle down again, Brenda.
Moving to a new apartment must have put a lot of extra load on those knees. Now you're settled in, enjoy some time to relax and rest.
Remember that 5 months is still not half way through this year-long recovery.

Glad you survived the move. Yes give the knee some time. I am off to a revision surgeon on Wednesday

Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum

Hi Brenda,
So glad to hear the move is done and you're settled into your new home.
I remember how painful moving was before my TKR.
Hang in there, rest the knee and you'll be back on track before you know it!

Thanks all, I am having a good day today as my exercises are helping and I see a little of improvement. @Celle it's hard to believe it's been 5 months but yes, I have a long way to go!!

Brenda

Sometimes in our daily hurly burly lives its good to stop and just take stock, its surprising how many positives we take for granted.

Legin THR Sep 14

Hang in there, I will hopefully get my set back fixed and move toward again.

Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum

Woohoo! I have reached my 6 month anniversary and due to my move recently I'm not where I expected to be. The swelling is starting to slowly diminish and I'm working at getting my ROM and strength back to where I was prior to the move. I seriously need to get back to the gym and get this knee moving in the right direction. I'm happy to report that at least the IT pain is not as intense or as frequent as it was and for that I am most grateful. I still have two areas of my incision above the kneecap that are tender and plan on calling the OS to see if I should be concerned or if it is just normal.
Even with the setbacks I am so glad I did this!!

Brenda

Good job. I had tender incision points also, but that was 3 months back. The PT showed me how to massage them and they became less tender and eventually just firmed up after about 3-4 weeks. I have been on heavy quad sets foe two months now, and they can be done easily at home. Basically straight leg raises in reps of 30 twice a day. You have to do them on your back, then each side and stomach. I still do them because there is no painful patella catch when I hold my leg straight. I miss my bike time and walking time the most, i have tried, but the knee swells so badly with the patella catching on every single step, it just doesn't work for me. If you can do the bike and walk, mixing that with good calf stretches and the exercises i mentioned, you should do well.

Wow!! It's been 9 months already, where has the time gone?? My IT pain is just about gone and for that I'm extremely grateful. I had slacked off on my exercises as life has been busy and the knee isn't happy. I've loss strength and some ROM but I'm back on track as I will be meeting the OS in 3 months and want to make him happy

Merry Christmas all and Happy New Year too!

Brenda

I have been dealing with a tight IT band myself. Mostly the gluten need to be stronger. Mine were injured in a fall and now is the pay back!! I hope you continue to do well.

Great to hear from you, Brenda! It's hard to believe it's been so long since our surgeries.
I have #2 coming up in Jan. I'll have to read over my recovery thread because the pain is but a distant memory now...LOL
Have a great Christmas and Happy New Year!

Great to hear from you, Brenda! It's hard to believe it's been so long since our surgeries.
I have #2 coming up in Jan. I'll have to read over my recovery thread because the pain is but a distant memory now...LOL
Have a great Christmas and Happy New Year!
Happy New Year to you too Karen!! I will be watching the threads to cheer you on for nine number two!

Brenda

Status
Not open for further replies.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
Nosila
Recent bookmarks
Back