THR Hip number 2 on board

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Kay9, yeah, no great loss regarding the brother's friendship.
I don't know how you would go about making sure the 100 meter rule is enforced either. One thing I am certain of though is that the onus of staying away from you is firmly on him. You've done nothing wrong. You're not the one stalking him. It would be hard to know what to do if you're driving and happen to cross paths with him...in a small village that's to be expected, especially since it sounds like he spends more time in your village than his own.
It just galls me that he calls out to you like you're old buddies or something.
I know I'm preaching to the choir though. I'm sure you feel all this and much more.
I don't know how stalking laws can be strengthened and better enforced, but I wish they could be. This takes a huge toll on people's lives and is like being held captive in a way. The childish part of me wants to stamp my feet and say, "It's just not FAIR!" I know life itself isn't fair, but this is particularly irksome. I'm wishing you the best.

Thank you for your kind words. I'm doing well. I go in for my second THR tomorrow. It's time to be fully bionic! :)

Oh @DeepBreath , lots and lots of good wishes for tomorrow!:flwrysmile: You will be fully bionic like me, its an elite club :snork:. Much love and all the best, you will be fine...no, better than fine...you will be GREAT! I will keep an eye out for your new recovery thread. Will be thinking of you:) Xxx

Your the boss lass, just be careful. Oh and oooooo look at you driving. Bet it feels good tho.

Legin THR Sep 14

Thank you, @Kay9. :) I so appreciate your ki d words and good thoughts. *Hugs*
Chin up, friend.

Your the boss lass, just be careful. Oh and oooooo look at you driving. Bet it feels good tho.

Legin THR Sep 14
Yep it felt sooo good...then I hit a pillar reversing out of an underground carpark :oyvey: Huge dent in car. Oh well. It could've been worse...I could've hit the front AND the back:dubious:

Oh dear lass what are we to do. They do put pillars in dubious places don't they.

Sent from my SM-A500FU using Tapatalk

@Kay9!! My goodness! I haven't been on as much and I peek in to check on you and :wowspring:
lots of things going on! And the hat red heel is back! :heehee:
Ugh, that is awful about the stalker. It sounds like an extremely frustrating case. Let's hope that he gets on an oil rig soon!

You fell over a shopping basket! that is horrible.. hopefully a few days of ice and rest will have you back on the mend.. why would anybody place a basket behind someone??? aargh!!
My thoughts on the stalkers bro.. I bet he apologizes to you shortly. I think you caught him in a bad mood and he took it out on you. Or maybe he was worried about his mother's party there at the pub and that was his way of venting. I only say this because I bet you are like me and don't want another upset.. I wouldn't ever trust him completely, because now you see that he can be a loose cannon. But I bet he apologizes..
I am phasing back into work... a very slow process since it's physical work, to a degree. still humbled at how tired I can get.. especially since my hubby brought a cold home from the University and I "caught" it over the weekend..
Hang tough, girl.. :flwrysmile:

Hi @Kay9
How are you? Thinking of you, hoping all is well.

Hi @Legin I'm not getting alerts when anyone posts for some reason, I've only seen this because ive logged on to ask advice, thanks for asking after me.

Sorry to say, I'm doing terribly :boohoo: I'm in so much pain I really can't stand it. It's constant for the last week, in my groin, all down the front of my thigh and in my knee. A really deep ache. I'm using 2 sticks again :boohoo:. Icing helps slightly but it never really eases up. I've been to my GP who said it's probably just post operative pain, but I've been pain free practically since I left the hospital? I've done so well, was fully mobile, off sticks, driving, getting on with life, I've no idea why I should suddenly feel like I did the day after the operation?:shrug:

I've tried ignoring it and carrying on but it's so bad now, it's really stopping me doing anything and I'm crying where it's so bad. I've got my 6 week check up on Friday, but I've had an especially bad day and night that even waiting another 6 days feels impossible at the moment. I'm hoping @Josephine can do her magic and give me some idea of what could be going on. I'm supposed to be starting back to work Monday week but the way I feel right now I can barely walk to the bathroom and back. I'm so gutted! :boohoo:

Oh, goodness, I'm so sad to hear of your pain! I'm eight weeks out, and still having pain, so I know what you're feeling is probably normal. Maybe you've been doing a bit too much and your body is telling you to cut back? I imagine that the stalker stress is also affecting you. There is so much soft tissue that is still trying to heal, muscles that are trying to rebuild their strength, and your enthusiasm for moving forward has been a challenge for them. It's once again time to let yourself be lazy, probably get your GP to give you a note saying you can't yet go back to work, and just take care of yourself. Gotta hang in there and remember that you've had two hip surgeries in the last six months, and that you're still recovering from both of them. Blessings to you!!

Ive tried ignoring it and carrying on but iys so bad now
Stop everything "extra" you are doing including shopping and running around doing errands. Ice, elevate and take meds if you need them. You need to step back a bit and get into recovery mode again. A bit too much too quickly.
Im supposed to be starting back to work Monday week but the way I feel right now I can barely walk to the bathroom and back.
Not the time to go back to work. Please see your GP for a sick note. You need to fully recover before any back to work time.

Thanks @HipSurprise , I appreciate your post. I know I'm a bit "gung-ho" about recovery so maybe it's just that I've been overdoing it. I'm in so much pain that I thought possibly something was wrong :sad:, it just feels, well, odd. Or maybe it was the fall in the supermarket, could've jerked it or twisted? All I know is I had NO pain, and now the last week its so painful I'm crying on a daily basis. And I don't think I'm a baby where pain is concerned, I just get on with it, but this is so miserable, such a deep deep ache.
I'm sorry you're still in pain too, I hope it eases off for you soon.

@Jaycey yep I will try very hard to get back into recovery mode a bit. Its not going to be easy though, my daughter's FINALLY got some support from Social Services and is going to a course to help with independent living and I have to drive her there and back, and driving does hurt. Plus I'm self employed so can't claim sick pay from an employer and my bank balance is almost zero, so I do need to work before Christmas. But I will definitely ease back on everything I can for however long I can . I don't have much choice at the moment, walking is extremely painful, but then, so is sitting, laying down, it never seems to ease, it's just there all the time. Maybe it's strained muscles? :shrug: But would that go from the groin right down the front of the thigh to the knee?
It just feels so weird too... there's no swelling I can see, yet it feels kind of "full" in the groin area..that's the only way I can describe it. I can't see it but I can feel it. Not actually feel it with my hand, but feel like something's there when I walk etc.

I wonder if I should buy some Ibuprofen in case its inflammation? It wouldn't hurt would it? I'm still taking exactly the same dose of Tramadol and Paracetamol that I took from the day of the op but its not doing much at all. Icing helps but only very temporarily.

Roll on Friday, everyday feels like a week at the moment.

@Kay9 I am so sorry that you are in so much pain again after having a good period of being pain free.I had my op just a few days ahead of you and still have pain in the form of an ache in the thigh and knee.The truth is that it is still early days in our recovery and healing takes time I know how easy it is to overdo things in those early days when the surgical pain wears off and we are desperate to get back to our active lives as this is what happened to me with my first hip and I was unlucky enough to end up with iliopsoas tendinitis.I would listen to Jayceys advice and try to rest now and cut back on as much activity as you can until the pain eases.Have you got an appointment with your OS sometime soon ? I hope you feel better very soon

Hi @Kim22 I have no idea what iliopsoas tendinitis is but it sounds flippin painful! :shocked:. I hope its been sorted for you?

Yep you are like me... full steam ahead and thinking we are recovered when we obviously arnt :umm:. I'm so gutted because I've been doing so well!

I'm seeing my OS this coming Friday for my 6 week check up. Bearing in mind this is the surgeon I didn't see once after the operation, couldn't get hold of when I was having all that trouble with pain and bleeding in the hospital, and I don't feel I have much faith in him taking much notice of me on Friday when I tell him how much pain I'm in but you never know. He may have been told I was involving PALS (I'm still going ahead with that) so may be a little more receptive to my complaints Friday:fingersx:

I have 3 ice packs on at the moment, one on the groin , one on the thigh and one on the knee. I've also taken three Tramadol instead of two, as well as the 2 Paracetamol. I know its naughty to take three Tramadol but I don't care. I need to try to get some relief and some sleep. If I had Whisky or Brandy here I'd take that too. As it is, the ice seems to be helping at the moment enough for me to try to sleep now. Thank god for :ice:.

It did clear up in the end but it took a while and I am left with some Intermittant tightness only which I can live with but as soon as that made its way out the arthritis in the left hip got worse and I had to have my second hip done.I have been very careful with this recovery trying not to overdo things.I remember what a dreadful time you had in hospital and I am so glad you involved PALS I hope you get some answers from your OS on Friday and I hope you can rest your hip this week.Sleep well.

Okay, hippie friend, stop that talk about using opiates and alcohol at the same time - or I'll have to hop a flight over the Altlantic to kick your rear end!! Remember, I still have one hip that is good and that leg has power!!

I do hope your OS WILL listen to you about the pain and will look at the situation from all angles. It well may be that you twisted some muscles when you fell, and they're screaming at you. You HAVE to get rest or else you'll be farther away from being healed, instead of closer. I feel for you having all the stress of your dealings with the surgeon and hospital and PALS, plus really needing for some income to be flowing into your bank account. I'll be asking the universe for some help for you.

Sorry for seeming so blunt, but I had the scare, today, of learning that a dear buddy of mine took pills and alcohol and almost died. I don't want to hear that sort of thing about one of my fellow bionic friends.

@Kay9, I'm so sorry to hear you're having so much pain. You've certainly had your fair share while in that horrid hospital.
I am sending tons of good thoughts and healing vibes your way. Take good care of yourself, friend.

Boo. Sorry about the pain pal, this weather cold and wet can get to us. Are you managing much work at all.n

Legin THR Sep 14

@Kay9 I hope you got some rest and that you are feeling better today Thinking of you and sending you healing hugs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• mendogal
    Staff member since November 10, 2023

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
HikerWalker