Revision TKR Wberry knee is up<

Good day today. Been resting, keeping it iced and elevated. I was just wondering, because my command to lift leg at the knee is still unresponsive. No response when I tell it to lift. I had a similar issue before with the TKR, maybe I just have to work through it again. I was hoping with how great a shape my quads are in going into the surgery it would be better faster.

Percocets cause this weird fluttering in my ear when I take them. I get great pain relief, just the fluttering like a moth stuck in my ear is weird.

Moving around with the walker is really getting easier. already. Easier to put weight on the revision knee.

Since the OS did suchers instead of staples I have to go back next week. He said he did that after cleaning up the really wide scare I had from the previous TKR, and he had to cut away scar tissue.

So far so good

Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum

Sounding really good! No idea about the perco-moths. What an odd thing to happen! So happy for you that you are finally on the road to recovery.

Been resting, keeping it iced and elevated. I was just wondering, because my command to lift leg at the knee is still unresponsive. No response when I tell it to lift. I had a similar issue before with the TKR, maybe I just have to work through it again. I was hoping with how great a shape my quads are in going into the surgery it would be better faster.
It will come, when your leg is ready.
Try not to worry about it. You're doing so well.

Sounds like you are doing very well, keep it up! It must be such a relief to have the surgery behind you.
Take care:flwrysmile:

It's like getting a thousand pound gorilla off my back. I thought this day would never get here. Now that it has I just plan to sit back and enjoy the steady ride to recovery. Slow and easy, no PT until this coming Wednesday, so lots of rest and elevation and rest. Getting ready to go down for a nap anyhow. Surgery is still draining, no matter how much they take out and put in.

Thanks to everyone for your words and support, I hear and feel them all.

Ice, elevate, rest
ImageUploadedByBoneSmart Forum1444516417.241449.jpg

Missed one of my meds, and I knew really quick when it wore off. Trying to do this weird switch off during the day between Percocet and tramadol. Have no idea what the longer lasting OxyContin is supposed to be doing in the background. Take it every 12 hours.

Wow! Percocet, Tramadol and OxyContin that is a lot to manage. Once you get it straight you should be good to go. Hoping you have a pain free Sunday.

As well as setting my alarm for pain meds, I used to keep a little notebook. Each day, I would write what meds were due, and when. After I took each med, I would tick it in the notebook. That way, I not only knew what was due, but there was no confusion about whether I had taken it or not (sometimes the fuzzy brain made it hard to remember and I didn't want to take a double dose by accident.)

And if you're a techy wannabe like me, mark it down in your smart phone or tablet . I use different little icons for different meds...mostly Tylenol arthritis now but occasional Oxy, so I have a record . Feels more like a game when I do it on my phone and with pictures..

Shout out to you. Xxxx Glad your doing better. What the incision look like? Glad to know days is getting easier. Surgeon so glad he cleaned up area!!!

PKR~Dec 2014
TKREV~March 2015

Loaded my meds with alert alarms in my medication app. I have to balance the twice a day slow release. Against the power punch Percocet and the light tramadol. So I have the slow release (12h) at 9am and pm, the tramadol (6hr)at 7am and 4 pm, then percocets (4hr) at 10 pm, 4am(only if need) and at 12 noon. I'm on aspirin 2x a day also for blood clot prevention.

Haven't seen the incision yet, that will be checked on Tuesday. I know it is suechers not staples. Get to see how his clean up wok turned out.

Speculation on my part about the spacer is that my knee was all out of whack due to the offloaded brace I wore for a year. I remember seeing the X-ray and the weird way the knee joint was slid over. Just speculation, so I could be out in left field.

It's like getting a thousand pound gorilla off my back. I thought this day would never get here. Now that it has I just plan to sit back and enjoy the steady ride to recovery.
@wberry - That is music to my ears!!!! I am SOOO happy for you! I can only imagine how it is to be going through your situation.. I am sooooo happy things now seem to be righted.. and you are on the road to recovery!!!!!:friends: Just remember.. recovery takes time and patience. Rest, ice, elevate, "be patient".. :loveshwr: You have been through the hardest part.. more than most of us.. Sending hugs and best wishes for a GREAT recovery from here.. :yes!:

@Braunzie Yes, that is so true. When I took my first walk around the ward and the PT giving off great words of encouragement and how well I was walking. I wasn't really listening, what I did hear and feel was nothing at all. Yeap the patella was not catching clunking or binding, the joint was not shifting and turning when I brought the leg forward. Just a smith glide motion, not inhibited at all. Sweet, blessed motion with no problems.

Now the swelling has kicked in and I am icing, elevating and resting. I am happy I will be getting back to the days of a proper knee. Patience has paid off.

I am curious as to what will be done at my week out wound care appt on Tuesday. Are they going to remove the suichers or something or tighten them up?

In case anyone needs it, I use the "med couch" app for my med reminders

You are doing great and I am so happy for you. You really put up with a lot with that knee. You did your research, found a supply of patience and fortitude that I wish you could share with me, and you have won! Wonderful to read your posts these days.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• Jamie
    Staff member since Feb, 2009

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
HikerWalker
Recent bookmarks
Back