Revision TKR Wberry knee is up<

Dancing a happy dance for you. After months and months of frustration, worry, research, stick-to-it-ness, phone calls, long drives for medical appointments ..... you *finally* got your revision. Hope your recovery is smooth and uncomplicated.

Say hi to Kansas Teacher (Roxie) for me. How wonderful that you're meeting in person. Enjoy those brownies!

Glad you're on the road to recovery.

Jean

LTKR (Stryker Triathlon): 21 April 2015
Right Knee Arthroscopy: 25 July 2006
Left Knee Arthroscopy: 10 February 2005

Yes, thank you all, it is very encouraging. Boy they ar not skimping on pain management. Every 4 hours they check and give me what ever I need. What ever this squat comer thing is my knee is hooked to is great. It is sitting on the floor humming away and my knee is nicely iced. I hope I get to take it home. One gigantic plus, I am sleeping, hope this continues When I get home.

Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum

Last edited by a moderator:
So glad for you the revision was a success, wish you a prompt and uneventful recovery. You have been optimistic and strong through the ordeal, I admire your strength and efforts greatly. Keep the good job and let your friends here know your progress.

Really good news, talked to theOS this morning. He said he got in and evaluated everything. He checked alignment and it was dead on, both from the CT scans and his visual and measurements. He said he tried several upside spacers after really seeing how loose I was. Went from an 11 up to an 18. He said the knee is very stable now. Decided there was no need to revise upper, everything look great on alignment and he saw no need to put me through removal and replacement because the spacer after how it looked once things tightened up looked so incredibly good. He said he spent a lot of time on the patella also. Removed scar tissue and got it lined up. Took bone off on the back and side to insure it had good clearance and would no longer impact the implant and did a release to pull my knee cap to center. Checked it and verified I should have no more catching or clunking at all. He said he didn't like how wide my scar was from the first surgery. So he cut it back and use suechers and butter flies to give me a nicer looking closure scar.

He spent 3 hours on all that so he must of really worked to make sure it was right.
Will take some additional effort to get flex and extension back.

Hi all, @Kansas Teacher came by, and I am enjoying brownies. They are so good. Darn should have taken a selfie. She couldn't stay long, she was on her way to see her Mom out of state. Thank you so much.

PT report. I am 13/85. Sitting in a chair with knee bent 90 right now. I went all the way around the ward with the walker rolling right along.
PT felt I wouldn't need much PT to get back to where I was.

Me report, no more patella clunk, knee action is smith and it tracks strait and smooth. Very solid and smith.

Just dizzy and a little nausea.

What a great report, @wberry !

It sounds as if your surgeon took great care, trying to fix what was wrong.

You're doing very well. Don't overdo the PT. Time is on your side.

Great news! Hope you continue tinged stronger and feel better.

I yucky, I was just sitting in the chair, and passed out. The PT came in and I was trying to say something and making no since at all. I finally was able to tel the nurse I was having trouble breathing and my head hurt. They have stopped my meds because I through up also before I went unresponsive. Lots of pull residue and liquids. Tylenol helped the headache. They did an EKG just in case. Now I feel all weird and dizzy and groggy.

So sorry you're having a hard time. Hopefully all is well and you won't really remember this incident tomorrow.

Hope you are starting to feel better after passing out, I almost did the second day. I ended up needing a transfusion.
Very happy to hear you have a stable and no more clicking, let the healing begin.

Wberry, I did a similar thing the day after my surgery and it turned out to be a reaction to the anesthesia. It was scary though but only happened the one time.

It was great to meet you and I can vouch for how great you looked this morning. I hated it I had to rush off but needed to get to Nebraska to be with my mom in the hospital.
Roxie

Hi @wberry.
I am so glad that your doing well. Nice to hear you found a doc and he fixed you up. U suffered way to long...
❌❌❌❌❌ Soon you will be on road to recovery and pain free life.

PKR~Dec 2014
TKREV~March 2015

Hope you're feeling more stable now, but it sounds like you made the right choice in surgeons. So happy to hear the didn't need to take the whole thing out.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• djklaugh
    Staff member since December 30, 2020

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
tibiaplateauaft
Recent bookmarks
Back