TKR TKR 7/2012 large bumps pictures included

Nyland

post-grad
Country
United States United States
Hello old friends,
I had RTKR in 2012. Everything went fine. I have had 2 lumps under the skin for over a year. I showed the surgeon last summer. They were not visible, but you could feel them. He said that they were probably varicose veins, but nothing to worry about. I knew at the time he was wrong, and it had to be scar tissue, but I wasn't going to argue with him. I saw his associate a few months later. he said it was nothing, just some scar tissue. A year later they are visible bumps wonder my skin. I took a picture to send to his secretary to show him. Now I am showing you. Has anyone had this?

IMG_3941-horz.jpg

Nyland,
Welcome back!
I haven't seen anything like that, except where the lower one would be the tibial tuberosity, or close. It would feel like bone.
How does it effect your TKR?
Maybe @Josephine can shed some light on your bumps.

Well, :doh: I've never seen varicose veins on the front of the knee like that and I scrubbed for hundreds of them!

I think it's more likely either fibrous nodules, either evolving of their own according or round an undissolved stitch. Looks the right place for a stitch. Either way, he's right that it's nothing to worry about.

Hi Chris and Josephine! Thank you for responding. They don't hurt at all, but have made my knee that has felt like nothing at all but a normal knee, feel super tight. The tightness coincides with the noticing of the large bumps. (It is like they popped over night.) I know that is probably not possible and more than likely noticed the visual bumps when I felt the tightness. We were at beach wedding this past weekend, and I wore heels and did a lot of walking. Maybe the tightness is just from that and has nothing to do with me noticing the bumps. Do you think scar massage would help break it up or acupuncture? Oh, one more thing, I had a benign tumor removed from my left foot 2 years ago and one removed from my front left calf in March. Maybe I just grow nuisance bumps. <shrug> Again, thanks. I appreciate your help/feedback. PS: I sent the picture to my surgeon because I just noticed them, although I could feel them last summer. Curious to hear his response.

Last edited by a moderator:
Do you think scar massage would help break it up or acupuncture?
I have two answers to this "unlikely" and "no"! :wink:

We were at beach wedding this past weekend, and I wore heels and did a lot of walking. Maybe the tightness is just from that and has nothing to do with me noticing the bumps.
I also have two answers to this as well- "most definitely" and "of course"!

Thanks, Josephine. I knew that this was where I would get some good advice. Congratulations on your LTKR!

Hi Chris and Josephine! Thank you for responding. They don't hurt at all, but have made my knee that has felt like nothing at all but a normal knee, feel super tight. The tightness coincides with the noticing of the large bumps. (It is like they popped over night.) I know that is probably not possible and more than likely noticed the visual bumps when I felt the tightness. We were at beach wedding this past weekend, and I wore heels and did a lot of walking. Maybe the tightness is just from that and has nothing to do with me noticing the bumps. Do you think scar massage would help break it up or acupuncture? Oh, one more thing, I had a benign tumor removed from my left foot 2 years ago and one removed from my front left calf in March. Maybe I just grow nuisance bumps. <shrug> Again, thanks. I appreciate your help/feedback. PS: I sent the picture to my surgeon because I just noticed them, although I could feel them last summer. Curious to hear his response.
I'm impressed you could wear heals. I haven't for years with my pain. Maybe that will be back in my future after surgery. Not that I would often.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Hi there! You will be amazed that the pain is gone forever. I still need my left knee replaced, but my right bionic knee does all of the work. I used to walk with a cane! Now I can wear heels (to go out and special occasions) and walk miles in comfortable shoes. My RTKR feels like NOTHING at all. No pain, no ache, nothing. I'm excited for you. You will be thrilled.

Hello everyone. As I mentioned in my original post, I emailed my surgeon with the pictures of the bumps. On Thursday I received a prescription in the mail for PT scar reduction massage. I have an appointment on Monday with a PT that practices Grastin tool scar massage breakdown. He told me that he can't promise results, but he won't hurt me. That seemed fair. So, on Monday I will give it a try. I will update in case others ever have this going on. Happy Sunday, my friends.

Very glad you don,t feel pain at all, and hope PT will have some good results. Very pleased you are thinking of other Bonesmarties and will update more. This is sure an excellent club.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
HikerWalker
Recent bookmarks
Back
Top Bottom