Bilateral TKR Maggie94 tells the story of the Stryker twins

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hurry up calendar, move faster!!
As long as the crunchy knee goes away between hear and there I will be happy.
The tylenol with tramodol is working for me when I need a heavier dose.

Thanks, Vinny! I'd also heard that kneeling feels strange for those who've been through this. I guess I can deal with that! :)

@vinny my meds regime (back when it was in full force) included panadol (total 4000mg @ 1000mg x 4 per day) in conjunction with long acting oxy (40mg long acting x2 per day) and short acting oxy on demand every 3 or 4 hours up within prescription limits; @Jamie no wine was drunk with this lot; I just have a glass or 1.5 in the evening on my extremely reduced meds dosage (5mg oxy at nite only)

its interesting how combinations of drugs work - the oxy / panadol one is very common over here

a number of my golfing buddies take a combo of tylenol/celebrex.....

Really. I stopped taking Celebrex awhile ago. Don't remember why....I think it made me lightheaded (although one could argue that I'm never far from that state of being anyway....:rotfl:)

9 days till my 4 month new-kneesversary. Walked 9 doggies today in a huge open space - lots of ball throwing and walking which I did for the first time with out my stick. I only use it on the dog walks through the bush for stability and some balance. The fur kids all mill round my legs - today's group were all medium to large fur buddies some of whom give me enthusiastic kisses - with me not losing balance - YEY.

Laverne and Shirley (remember them) handled the stickless outing very well. Over the last week or so I have had some inkling of what my knees will feel like when they are 100% healed... hard to explain but every now and then there is a real freedom, no pain, and no consciousness about them. Bring it on!!

Hope all you other kneesies out there in BS land are putting one foot in front of the other with diminishing pain -Maggie x

Sounds fantastic, Maggie! Wonderful to hear what might be just around the corner.

Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum

Maggie, that is the most awesome report! Laverne and Shirley are doing exactly what they should be doing and without the stick, woo hoo!! I bet all those fur baby kisses helped too :)

Brenda

Great report, Maggie!
It sounds like the girls are doing just fine.
Nothing like a little canine therapy to work on balance and stability! :dogwalk::dogsniff::doggie::puppysmooze:
Best regards,
Karen

Sounds like your almost ready to throw frisbees with the dogs now.

Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum

Too true @wberry Got a double today which means that we will have about 2hrs walking ball throwing etc and a total of 16 pooches... I'm dropping my pup at a friends for a full morning play date

I've just come home after 5 lazy days away. Had a lovely time with a couple of friends in an eco chalet adjacent to a national park in Queensland (north east Australia for the non Aussies). The area is called the granite belt and is full of the most amazing granite structures. I managed 2.5 walks because the area involved climbing and scrambling and I am not up to that yet... the 0.5 walk started well but we hit a steep solid granite face that needed to be climbed (I'm guessing about a 30* incline) - I could have done that but getting down...eeeekkkkk I don't think so. For me it was sit on a rock and enjoy the environs for a while till the others returned - very easy to do in the late Autumn sunshine (about 18*C)

What I have noticed is that my knees are not as "free" as they were pre mini break - kinda stiff and a bit locked up. I had 5 mins on the cycle this evening - that loosened things up - Conclusion: my pooch walking and general running around are good for my knees. Gym has the next challenge - scheduled for this week - watch this space.

Trusting that all are moving forward with healing - warm thoughts to all - Maggie x

Nice one Maggers I love all the old geology stuff must be cozz I'm a fossil. Yip regular movement and walks are the way. Good luck at gym

Legin THR Sep 14

Sounds like a wonderful time Maggie! I am very eager to get out and try a hike! Was going to do one this weekend but it was drizzly and raining and I didn't want to take a chance a slip! Congrats on getting back to the "normal"!

Thanks Laura @Spencieca It is good to start to do a wider "normal" activity. Coffee brewing....got an hour till park time at 7am with Freyja. Breakfast next then 4 hours walking w the pooches....more normal

Status
Not open for further replies.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• Axx72
    Staff member since December 27, 2023
  • Jaycey
    ADMINISTRATOR Staff member since February 2011

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties