TKR Well, this is un-fun

Status
Not open for further replies.
My manager and I were just talking about this. He has enough years on the job to comfortably retire at 55, almost 5 years now. I will probably have to stay for nearly 5 years also, until I'm 66, so I can collect a reasonable amount of social security. ...but if I can go sooner, I will. Seems to me it's a crazy system: work, work, work from youth until you've reached an age where your body starts to fall apart. What's wrong with that picture? :)

Enjoy the hell out of it, Pax!

Enjoy your retirement @Pax .

I seem to be busier now that I'm retired than when I was working.
It's good, though, to be able to take holidays when you want and not to have to cooperate with work schedules.

Oh Celle, I still have to work, I'm just taking my pittance of state retirement and moving to FL, I won't be fully retired for another five years or so.

Seems like we all work until we are to old to enjoy retirement. At least we can enjoy our new knee once recovery is finished.

Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum

At the end of week eleven I seem to have turned a major corner, I'm feeling stronger, using less pain meds, my gait is improving, and I rarely need my cane. It sure feels good, as I mentioned before I'm learning to live with my new knee.

Yesterday was super busy, the move is next week and I'm the handy one in the family so lots of taking down shelves and work involving tools, some packing, and I went for a really nice pedi! Ended up in a bit more pain than usual but I iced and had some wine and felt just fine. :egypdance:

I bet you are super excited for the move! I've also noticed changes at we 11, now almost 12! Hope you get to enjoy some down time in FL!

I bet you are super excited for the move! I've also noticed changes at we 11, now almost 12! Hope you get to enjoy some down time in FL!
I am soooo ready! Can't wait to get to the sunshine and relax.

So glad the noticeable changes pop up in recovery, really gives us the notion that at some point our knees won't be the center of our existence!

On the road now to Florida, doing pretty well but icing is a challenge. I brought gallon size ziplocks and am using the ice machine at the hotel for fill ups. Wish I'd thought to buy some chemical ice packs so I could ice mid day... getting ice at a gas station for daytime icing didn't work out too well, leaky, messy, and no place to prop in the car.

Day 3 on the road, really sore now, be very glad to get there and get propped and iced!!

Finally home! Got my big gel ice bags in the freezer first thing, then we went to our favorite beach dump and had a burger and a beer, by the time we got home my ice was ready, ahhhhhhhhh!!

So tired from the trip I was in bed bed 7:00pm, up at 4:00am and I'm icing again. I was getting really sick of icing, now im so happy to be able to do it properly again!!

Thanks for posting this! This is my 2nd week back to work and it's been going OK, but some days between the commuting and just working, I am really struggling. Didnt occur to me that there would be some occasional tough days. Good to keep in mind!

I returned to invigilating exams was going ok but so tired and achy at night I took ice pack in but you never know length of the break or if you have time for one
However last week they sent me to invigilating in an out building involved leaving school walking up slope then down extremely steep stone steps old church ones and then got in building the stairs were narrow and steep and hold rail was coming off the wall so gave no support after getting back after exam and being sent a second time had so much pain I cried and have now refused to go over there again

20/01/2015

Seems the move has caused a set back, I'm hobbling like week six instead of twelve. I know it will pass but it's frustrating. We have so much to do and I'm much more active than before the move, guess I need to grit my teeth and slow down even more. Rest, ice, elevate.

Hope ypu have had a chance to rest and are feeling better..at least the move is over so on to new adventures!

:ice:I tell you I've got to where I love to Ice. Sorry there is so much to do, But it just has got to wait.

Hit a very low depression in the middle of the night last night, I had to take two oxy at 3:00am to stop the throbbing. Who knew sliding furniture around on the tile floor would make it hurt so bad.

Better today, I'm basically doing nothing but icing, resting, and going to the pool this afternoon. I want that corner I turned at eleven weeks, back again!

Will be so glad to get to where I can go to the pool.Hope you are better soon.

Thanks,Bilbo. We all know intellectually that this is a roller coaster healing process, but the reality of the lows is pretty annoying.

Hope you are recovering from the move Pax! Remember thst you don't have to unpack and organize in 1 day, you will have plenty of time for that...have you been to the pool yet?

Hope you are recovering from the move Pax! Remember thst you don't have to unpack and organize in 1 day, you will have plenty of time for that...have you been to the pool yet?
Been in the pool every day! Today I started the "hanging" phase of setting up the place, hanging towel bars, pictures, hooks, paper towel holder. Lots of drilling and ratting around trying to find the right sizer screw/sinker/drill bit. Good times! :thumb:

Status
Not open for further replies.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
corvettejanie
Recent bookmarks
Back
Top Bottom