Both knees replaced at same time if knock-kneed?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Crossing fingers I can upload this again. First pic is operating morning, next two are 1-month and 2-months out(I think--maybe it's a month more). I took a picture each month's anniversary for the first year.

*Wolf whistle*. wow, your legs look great!!!!! I've looked at quite a few pics on tis forum, and I'm amazed how minimal some of the scarring is.....especially after seeing the pics right after surgery, those staples are scary looking!!!

See? You get all sorts of great information on BoneSmart! :thumb:

My surgeon is doing both knees in a week, and I look like this:

395848_2750954665521_1607271639_2482627_957617778_n.jpg

Do you have a knock like that on the right? I hope not.....

No, not quite as bad...but both are pretty much equally angled. You are probably so looking to having straighter legs!!

I can't wait to see your results!! Are you going to do a post-op diary on this website?

If the moderators let me and I can keep my temper in check. No promises on either.....:hysterical:

Ponder this quotation from Bike Forums, in a thread about a knee replacement:

"...in a society where being outspoken is not the norm, I find your brutal honesty quite amazing..."

Moderators don't like brutality. They find it...., well, brutal. :th_heehee:

Huh? Your stuff is very interesting, why would anyone want to stop you?
Ponder this quotation from Bike Forums, in a thread about a knee replacement:

"...in a society where being outspoken is not the norm, I find your brutal honesty quite amazing..."

Moderators don't like brutality. They find it...., well, brutal. :th_heehee:
Being 'brutally honest' is sometimes a euphemism for being rude to someone, although I am not suggesting you mean it that way. Rudeness to other members of BoneSmart is not allowed. But brutal honesty - frank and candid statement of views - is perfectly OK by me (without rude words, of course).

Your posts, Mr Historian, haven't broken any rules that I've seen, indeed as I've said they've been interesting and entertaining. Do you think you've a problem here...?

You had better have a post-op diary - else I shall want to know the reason why! :snork:

....And I want to read your brutal honesty! :th_heehee:

OK, here's some of it. It's from a thread on a bicycle discussion board. The OP was a 378 pound guy who had his knee replaced, lost weight, but was in constant denial about some of what caused his problems - for instance, going through 2 liters or more of Pepsi a day. Not diet, but the full calorie stuff. Here's the comment that prompted the description of brutal honesty:

"It's a little more than now and again..... more like again and again. I half-expect that by August he'll have a tank of the stuff mounted on his rear rack."

He complained "Ice cold Pepsi = comfort and happiness. Not drinking Pepsi will not make my bike riding any funner, easier, or faster, nor will it let me enjoy any of the other joys in my life any more, but rather will make some less enjoyable. I have a solid 60 odd pounds lost and kept off, with no notice-able life improvement. "

I wrote, "I would rather you spend the rest of your life thinking I was your worst enemy if it would mean you could break out of the denial you have yourself chained in. Like Marley's ghost, these are chains you've been forging all your life. You can break them any time. You choose not to because you are comfortable with them on."

Is that brutal enough?

Wow - that's telling him! Mind you, I've said much the same kind of thing here once in a while. Sometimes people like that really rattle my cage!

Wow - that's telling him! Mind you, I've said much the same kind of thing here once in a while. Sometimes people like that really rattle my cage!

Denial is hard to break through. I had people tell me for years I needed to lose weight. It took a trip to the hospital for my wake up call.

Status
Not open for further replies.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• Jaycey
    ADMINISTRATOR Staff member since February 2011

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
JanieMarie
Recent bookmarks