What a week

Status
Not open for further replies.

IaDave

Country
United States United States
Had to start back to work Monday due to lack of sick and flex days(It's been less than 3 weeks since the surgery). I have 1 week left for the rest of the year but for my sanity I need my week of fishing in Canada. Monday was tough decided to work till noon the rest of the week(there goes another 2-1/2 days of flex time). Got home and napped for 2 hrs-really no pain just aches. Tuesday- no more Warafin and 2 pain pills at nite & morning and 1 hr nap, Wednesday - something happened overnite actually felt like I was back to normal- took my last pain pill in the AM and was pretty much on the go all day with no problems. Today was even better no pain pills and no aches. Worked till noon, went to my usual hangout and had a good old Iowa pork tenderloin for lunch.To top off a great day I came home and cleaned up dog poop in the backyard from my 2 Golden Retrievers. I never thought I would think a great day includes cleaning up dog poop. I'm looking forward to tomorrow-maybe I will clean the bathroom.:th_yay:

These little events that bring back great normalcy to our lives mean so much! I have three labs---had a fourth but he is gone now,; I guess i never looked at picking up dog poop that way before, but you are so correct!:smile:

Now, be careful not to overdo it---you may want to rethink about picking up dog poop and cleaning the bathroom all in the same week!:snk:

Keep up the great work, and please keep us posted as to whatever other milestone come along---they really are significant.

Tim C.

That's so funny! Last year I had to hire a service to clean up the dog poop because I couldn't stand long enough to do it myself. Even if I'm able to do it myself this summer, man, it was nice having the service!

laDave.....you are amazing to be back and work so soon AND doing home chores. Just be sure and take good care of yourself. When you get those "aches," that IS a form of pain and it would be good to take something for it.

You know at my age I should learn to take the advice of other people especially those that have some experience. I have read a lot of posts that talk about over doing it in recovery but I didn't listen and am paying the price today. No major pain just the nagging thigh ache just a little more intense. It will be ice and rest till Monday-no bathroom cleaning for a while.

I haven't really done any household chores yet but you are shaming me into it. I think I'll start with something tomorrow.

We all look forward to "getting on with our life." We never though of it in a way that meant that it would be doing absolutely enjoyable chores!:th_yay:

Slowly and gently set the can of Scrubbing Bubbles on the floor,step away from it, and put your hands in the air---and nobody will get hurt...:rolf:

Take heart....we ALL overdo it once, twice...heck, LOTS of times during the healing process. You're among friends here!!!

Just returned from an appt with my surgeon and he lifted all restrictions except don't abuse the 90 degree rule for 6-9 months. First thing I do when I get home is get the TED hose off. He said it would be okay to walk without the cane for short walks but keep the cane handy. My thigh muscle has atrophied so I have some exercises to do to help with the limp- I'm sure you all no what I mean. Anyways good news and good luck to all that are recovering

This is GREAT news!!! I'm happy for you. Go forth and enjoy your new life.....the world is waiting!

Good news! Keep up those exercises - it will help the weaken muscles. Interesting your OS says don't abuse the rule for 6-9 months. I found out the same thing quite by accident. My OS said all restrictions were lifted at 6 weeks but my hip just wouldn't tolerate alot of range until just recently - 9 months down the road.

Enjoy your TED free life!

Dave, you said "90 day rule" and I think you meant 90 degree so I edited it for you! That's an awful long time to be restricted and I have never heard of anyone having to comply with it that long. Though some surgeons have said 'for the rest of your life'! It seems strange to me because an awful lot of people forget it after a couple of months without any problems and I get you do too!

Status
Not open for further replies.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• Jockette
    Staff member since March 18, 2018
  • mendogal
    Staff member since November 10, 2023

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties