TKR Recovery #2

@Jammy
No dragons LOL you are the dragon tamer!
So glad to hear you turned that corner. Only good things ahead for you.
@JusticeRider ...not a recovery rock star at all!
Just a normal recovery. There were at least 6-7 painful, frustrating weeks. But, I knew what to expect. It still wasn't fun, but it's all in the rear view mirror now!
Good to hear your "back in the saddle again"!
(See what I did there? :rotfl:)

You're doing great! Keep telling us how it's going. So glad all well.

Happy Four Month Anniversary!
Your presence here has waned which is bittersweet. It's a great sign that all is well and you've jumped back into life and you're enjoying all that you love. Thanks for sharing your latest recovery and for your contributions here which were, helpful often entertaining and appreciated. :wink:
May the rest of your journey be smooth and and easy. Enjoy!
@beachy

Thanks Layla!
Busy with life! I'll post an update soon.
I appreciate your kind words. Hope all Is well with you.

Hey Bonesmarties!
Can't believe its been 2+ weeks since I checked in.
How's everyone???
I had 4 month anniversary last Wednesday. It's all going well. Still some swelling and aches after a long day. No ice or Tylenol. Life is keeping me busy. Catching up on all the things I wanted to do while recuperating. I really need to get to the gym more often. The bike is calling my name and so is the pool.

Hi beachy! Very happy that all is going well and you're enjoying life! Thanks for all your contributions over the past months, they have been helpful. I just passed 5 months and am finally feeling better, too. Only taking Tylenol and some Advil. I thought for a while I might need to stay in bed until my one-year date, but maybe not. I looked at a post I made on May 8 and was in misery. So you just never know what the dragon will do. I managed to go to a somber event this past weekend (a celebration of life) and did fine. I think my friend's spirit was helping me feel good. Talk about a fighter, she was that. Still planning on going to Niagara Falls in mid June, yay!

just passed 5 months and am finally feeling better, too. Only taking Tylenol and some Advil. I thought for a while I might need to stay in bed until my one-year date
Great that you feel you have turned the corner!

Congrats on knee #2! Glad your experience has been good so far. Isn't it weird how you sit on the edge of the table and remember nothing after that? For my second knee I was bound and determined to remember further, but nope, just sitting on that table then waking up in post-op.

Best of luck with your recovery!
I insisted in not having any sedation with my 2nd knee. So much better than being drugged out of my.mind!

Hi @Jammy! I'm exactly 4 months and 11 days and it just keeps getting better!
So happy you've turned that corner, too. My knee was pretty tight and achy after a lot of activity last week. But, I stayed calm and stretched her several times a day for a few days. Like post op PT stretches. No ice needed. Guess I let her know who the boss is and she hasn't acted up since.
I'm sorry about you friend. Sounds like she inspired you. Don't let the dragon win. You've got this!

Hi beachy,
Looking back, I believe 1indat was responding to something thneed commented on in the second post of this (your) thread. I understand it does feel out of context at this point, but is in relation to earlier discussion.

I hope you have a lovely holiday weekend, beachy! Maybe a little bbq one day this weekend? Sounds like fun to me!
@beachy

I thought I turned the corner, @beachy but today popped half a tramadol. Still overall not doing much of that and at least it helps when the going gets rough. Let's hope Pia and the Dragon go on a looooong vacation away from us!

Hello Bonesmarties:wave:
Hope everyone has been well and the Jan/Feb '23 gang is doing great in recoveries. I hope everyone here is well!
Sorry I've been MIA for a few months. All is well, life gets in the way.
My hubs has needed my help with the side effects of infusion therapy so I've been busy with that. His last 2 CT scans were clear so HALLELUJAH!! He has 4 more infusions then oncologist will decide if we go for 12 more.

My knee is 6 1/2 months old. It was still swollen until a week or so ago. And it was painful at times. I had a little setback after missing the last 2 steps of my staircase about 6 weeks ago. Went down hard on both knees and sprained the right ankle. Yes, I was completely sober:rofsign: But that is all fine now. It took awhile, but my knees both look great with little to no swelling. My klutz factor will always be with me.

I'm going for the grand slam of joint replacements probably Jan 2024. The right shoulder is not long for this world. That will make 4....2 knees, 2 shoulders. I have been very blessed with excellent ortho surgeons and primary care doc so I'm not afraid. Its just a pain in the buttocks.

So, there ya have it! Alive and well in Beachyland.
Please pop in and let me know how you're getting along!

Cheers!

Hi beachy, good to see you. I'm now almost eight months in with my knee and all is good. The pesky tightness is still with me, but hoping it eventually resolves. In the meantime, my new knee is wonderful ... no pain and plenty of ROM. Life is good.

Knee #2 is scheduled for November 6. Fingers crossed my recovery is as good as it's been with #1.

Best wishes and prayers for your husband, and good luck with your new shoulder.

trinket.

Hi @trinket! Good to "see" you, too.
Great news about your knee! Life is so much easier with a pain free knee! You're smart to have lefty replaced a year after righty. I wish I did that as the doc advised.

Thanks for the prayers and good wishes!

So nice to see an update from you, beachy!
What wonderful news on hubs scans. Hopefully further infusions aren't needed. :prayer:
Sorry to read about your tumble and sprained ankle. Also, that you will undergo another surgery. However, pain free joints certainly make life sweeter.
I have been very blessed with excellent ortho surgeons and primary care doc so I'm not afraid.
It also seems you've been blessed with good hips! Fingers crossed it stays that way.:fingersx:
Will be watching for you as it gets closer to the time of the year you're targeting for your next surgery.
Take good care and enjoy the rest of the Summer! :SUNsmile:

Hi there! That's such great news about your husband's infusions' success! Gosh I hope he doesn't need the additional dozen. I'm am sure you are taking very good care of him, which helps too.

Sorry about your tumble.. I hate falling!! Glad it didn't set you back overmuch.. even though it sounded quite nasty! Don't do that again! :flabber:

Ugh, well you will get that shoulder addressed and then get back to your activities.. It's the best that we can do, right?

So glad to see your update!!

Really good to hear from you!
Glad your husband is doing well and sorry about the fall. That is one of my two main terrors ( the other being infection).
I had a few falls pre- surgery and have stopped wearing vari- focal lenses as I felt they didn't help.
Glad you are doing well.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• Jaycey
    ADMINISTRATOR Staff member since February 2011

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
JanieMarie
Recent bookmarks