TKR Right knee scheduled for 08/16/23

Bunnyhead

Country
United States United States
Left knee done last August 10th 2022. Went pretty well. Right knee now scheduled for August 16th 2023. Hope it goes as well, this forum helped me a lot. Will continue to seek information and tips on recovery.

Congratulations on getting a date for Rightie, @Bunnyhead !

Even though you've been through this before, I will share BoneSmart's helpful pre-operative guide here as a "refresher."

Recovery Aids: A comprehensive list for hospital and home
Recliner Chairs: Things you need to know if buying one for your recovery
Pre-Op Interviews: What's involved?

Also, the website and app My Knee Guide can help you stay organized and informed. The free service keeps all the information pertaining to your surgery and recovery in one place on your smartphone. It is intended to be a personal support tool for the entire process.

Just remember that every knee is different, even two knees in the same person!

@Bunnyhead Congratulations on getting surgery for your 2nd knee.
I've now had both my knees replaced like you the left first in 2019 and my right in 2021.
My advice to you is try not to compare your surgeries, this was a huge mistake I did at the beginning, I kept looking at my past notes and was somewhat disappointed that my right was not healing at the same stage as the left. Once I stopped my recovery was far less stressful.
The plusses are that you know what to expect, what works in terms of medication, first time round I was clueless, second time very much more organised, I knew what was needed in the hospital, what to ask for whilst staying in the hospital and at home I was better prepared too it wasn't as scary, yes the pain was the same but more manageable.
Depending on the condition of your right knee you may find recovery is slower, I assume my right knee was more damaged as at the time of my left surgery the right needed doing too but here in Portugal they make you wait 2 years in-between surgeries.
Fast forward to present I'm now doing everything normally with my right knee.
I look forward to following your recovery xx

@benne68 can you please change my bi-line for my right knee surgery from August 9, 2023 to August 16,2023 as my Doctor has moved it out a week. Ty

Aww, Bunnyhead, I am so sorry to read that you suffered a shoulder fracture.
I wish you lots of comfort as you are healing. :console2:
@Bunnyhead

@Bunnyhead
Sorry to hear you have fractured your shoulder and your surgery has been cancelled.

Would you like to change your thread title to something like this: Right TKR cancelled.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
All2Gd88
Recent bookmarks
Back
Top Bottom