THR Tan’s Anterior THR recovery

Hi Layla

Happy new year to you too, things are looking up for my health, the medication for the neurological issue is working, I am no longer rigid and shuffling when I walk and I feel more normal now. So the anxiety is gone.
I have glute pain sometimes but I have it in both hips/buttock so I know it is not a complication with the surgery but weak glutes, I always thought I had a strong butt but obviously not.:heehee:

I can kneel on the ground now, it’s nice to be able to get down on my dogs level and pet them. I really feel my glutes firing when I do this!

Thanks for checking in,

Tan

81181DD5-194E-46DD-9C20-124A81B455ED.jpeg

Last edited:
@Tan
What a Happy New Year pic!!:happydance:
Hope things keep getting better and better!

I wanted to do an update to encourage those who maybe going through a tough time mentally or physically.

In January, shortly after I did my last post I flew to England as my Dad was diagnosed with esophagus cancel. I was going with the thought that I would be looking after mum and dad as he recovered from treatment but it didn't work out that way and he sadly died in hospital after a couple of weeks.

My sister and I also had to find a care home for mum who has dementia and can not look after herself or be left unattended and we had to clear their rental home which had 48 years of their possessions and they never threw anything out :bignono: :rofsign:, this took a month with me being there nearly 15 days straight, 5 hours a day.
It was a emotional month and physically demanding, I am just so thankful this happened 5 months into my recovery and not a few months previously.

Although it was a tough month of hard changes for our family, it has helped me mentally and physically with my hip recovery.

I was forced to do things I would not have contemplated doing such as driving around England in a standard car which I haven't done for many years (used to automatic cars and wide roads), a lot of squatting and bending over clearing the home, walking up and down steep stairs and thinking about my parents needs instead of dwelling on my hip recovery.

Its 6 1/2 months now since my hip replacement and I am back training my dog in agility once a week. Doing nose work trials with my dogs and going on longer dog walks. I am also back working on my home business.

I still have sore glute muscles and aches and pains but my operated hip feels great, my non operated hip feels a bit clonky on the outside of the hip and I get the occasional twinge in the groin which does worry me about getting arthritis in this hip too. I no longer have the post op blues, but I do have a short fuse and feel grumpy quite often as I do so much more in a day and get tired.

I still follow along other peoples recovery on bone smart, we all have different recoveries and challenges. I hope you all overcome your current challenges and ups and downs.

8Y6A5242.jpg

@Tan What a wonderful picture! Your dog looks like he is enjoying the work as do you! But oh dear I am so sorry to hear of all the stress you've been going through and you have my sincere condolences about the death of your father. Stressful for you and it must have been very hard on your mother too!

It is good to hear your new hip is holding up well and in that aspect of life you are thriving. Hopefully the other hip will not need intervention any time soon.

Stress such as you have been dealing with can certainly make one grumpy and short tempered! Do remember to take good care of yourself while taking care of everything else. :console2:

@Tan So sorry for your loss! Such a stressful time for you - especially when you are also coping with recovery from surgery.

So glad that hip is cooperating. Many years ago I also did agility and search and rescue with my dog. There is something very satisfying about working as a team with your canine friend. Enjoy!

I'm so sorry for your loss, what a lot to go through in a short span of time.
I'm sure training the dogs will keep you busy and hips happy!
Stay well.

@Tan What a wonderful picture! Your dog looks like he is enjoying the work as do you! But oh dear I am so sorry to hear of all the stress you've been going through and you have my sincere condolences about the death of your father. Stressful for you and it must have been very hard on your mother too!
Thank you, it has been so hard for my mum, I feel sad for Mum as she wants her old life back, she is so sweet, she tries to remain optimistic and positive about the care home. She says the nurses there couldn’t be nicer but she wants her independence to come and go, it’s just not safe. She misses Dad of course.

@Tan So sorry for your loss! Such a stressful time for you - especially when you are also coping with recovery from surgery.

So glad that hip is cooperating. Many years ago I also did agility and search and rescue with my dog. There is something very satisfying about working as a team with your canine friend. Enjoy!
Thank you, I love that feeling of team work with my dogs.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• Jaycey
    ADMINISTRATOR Staff member since February 2011

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
Dave4562
Recent bookmarks

Latest posts