THR Moosehead's Recovery

I am an avid mountain biker as well. I usually ride 10 miles 4 times a week. Now the temperature is dropping will try to hit the parks. Love the scenery as Miami is flat as a board. I also had a hip resurfacing that was removed and replaced with a dual mobility unit.

I started to get necrosis under the resurfacing femoral component a year after surgery. The dual mobility feels more natural than the resurfacing did.

Enjoy the riding

Larry

@ljpviper are you using clip-ins or flat pedals?

Have been riding clip-ins for decades but switched to flats yesterday figuring it would be safer post op. The flats felt sketchy to me and I wanted to be reattached.

Glad to hear your DM unit is working well. Cheers.

Wow, that must have felt good to ride again. I am familiar with Tabernash from vacationing in Grand Lake several times. Beautiful countryside! You are quite brave taking that ride on as I feel the worry of falling would be on my mind also.:bicycle2: I hope you're feeling good today after your long ride. A great Sunday and week to you!
@Moosehead

Happy Two Month Anniversary!
Have a wonderful week. :)
@Moosehead

Thanks Layla and to the entire BoneSmart board. Cheers and good health to you all.

Celebrated with a swim and hit 80 golf balls at the range!

B1098CAD-9C16-4C27-9C00-F61A3F691093.png

Hey ho, Moosehead!
How are you doing? I hope all is well and you enjoyed a nice Christmas.

Happy Four Month Anniversary on this New Years Eve and a very Happy New Year to you also. I hope it's a good one. Cheers!
@Moosehead

Hesitate to post this as many might struggle with post op, but at 6 1/2 months after second hip made a once in a lifetime dad and daughter trip to ski the Alps.

We have throttled way back and are staying conservative, but it is a miracle to be out here. Very grateful for this board and my surgeon.

Bonjour from Chamonix.

BF6C5BCC-6DF5-42F7-B0AD-6C648E6EEA9F.jpeg
14E74D5F-6CC8-46ED-AF0D-18F1F13AA1DB.jpeg
FFCFC164-A1B7-4A79-AFD5-A7A024119273.jpeg

Beautiful! So happy for you...ENJOY!
@Moosehead

So happy to hear great stories as well as the struggles that can happen. I am 7 months out and ham happy I can do whatever I want. I choose to do yoga 1-2 times a day as well as strength training twice a week with no downsides. Will never ski or ride a bike but I didnt do that before my surgery. I am happy as a I could be. I do have very minor pain at times but it isn't much and just reminds me I had my hip replaced. I still ice in the evening. Guess it is my new addiction!

I didnt mention how incredible your pictures are and I see your daughter is so happy she can do this with her father again! She is a doll!

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
All2Gd88
Recent bookmarks
Back
Top Bottom