Did anyone?

Bluemist

Country
Australia Australia
Hi,

I recently had some pre op tests and all results will go to anaesthetists who I then meet with and then they decide if i can go ahead with surgery and hopefully I will get a surgery date.

I know this is kind of a weird question and I’m not meaning to be negative but did anyone write their kids letters incase they didn’t make it out of the surgery???

Not a weird question at all @mistyblue

Before my hip replacement surgery, I had never had a major surgery (tonsillectomy at age 13) and about a week before... I did have that what-if thought.
But like @Gloucestergal65 , I dismissed it to a far realm of my brain to concentrate on staying positive and as stress free as one can be.
For a healthy person having planned surgery, the risk of dying in the operating theatre under anaesthetic is extremely small and you may likely be at more danger getting into your car and driving.

Please do let us know when you get a surgery date.
Lots of great support and advice here on the forum.

Not a weird question at all. When faced with major surgery, we do understand the possible risks, but as, Mojo, pointed out we really do take a risk each day by getting in our vehicles and also in any other number of things we do throughout the day without giving them much thought. I will admit, I did clean out and organize my dresser drawers, just in case...wanted all to be organized for whoever may have to clear them out. :heehee: I can laugh now.
So there you go...you're not alone in your thoughts. :wink: I challenge you to come up with a question or thought here that someone hasn't thought of. That's one of the greatest things about the forum...we all get it!
Welcome to BoneSmart and thanks for joining us!

Hi,

I recently had some pre op tests and all results will go to anaesthetists who I then meet with and then they decide if i can go ahead with surgery and hopefully I will get a surgery date.

I know this is kind of a weird question and I’m not meaning to be negative but did anyone write their kids letters incase they didn’t make it out of the surgery???

As a sidebar — I’m really glad you’re inching closer to getting your date. Been thinking about you and wondering how you’re getting on. I hope your pain has been more manageable, but if it’s still pretty bad, maybe getting your surgery scheduled will give you a bit of mental relief. Being stuck waiting for the administrative machine to move forward just sounds so frustrating.

Thanks La Karune,

Still waiting. I am trying to be positive haven’t heard anything about next stage yet. How are you?

One thing I did do years ago was have a will and a living will drawn up.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• Jaycey
    ADMINISTRATOR Staff member since February 2011

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
JanieMarie
Recent bookmarks
Back