TKR Recovery #2

@gia2cats
Got it. I'm not ready to decrease the dose yet. But, I can gradually increase the time between doses.
Good idea to wait til closer to cruise time for cortisone shot!

@Susie-Q
I heard about Smooth Move (gotta love the name!) on bonesmart too, but never tried it. I've never heard of anyone who said it DIDN'T work.
I use Movical. I had a registered dietitian for awhile who was Australian. She told me about Movical and Calm. Calm is great for sleep. You shouldn't take them together because you'll sleep thru "the big event" :rofsign:
LOL not a pro! Professionals get paid. I just laugh about my joint replacements.
Smooth Move made me move LOL!
Marie

Groundhog Day Recovery #8 or 9 or 57
The days are running together, but there are new things happening each day.

I've found that I have to use my Lounge Doctor and ice machine almost all day. Lounge Doc, no ice for sleeping. The swelling of my ham wasn't responding to ice packs and pillows. Hoping that deflating the ham will bring better pain relief and less meds. That's me. Others will be different. Its getting a little boring staying in bed, but that's where I'm most comfy. Big tv. Last tkr I was in the recliner non stop. This house is great with everything I need on 1 floor and close by so its easy to get up and fetch things I need. I can use bathroom by myself now. I'm definitely not in bed all day....I walk around, do ADL's, etc. A little more independent. Hubs still spots me for daily shower, but I think he enjoys it.:yahoo:
I had 2 visitors yesterday so that was fun. A bff always brightens the day!

No complaints in the sleep department. I'm sleeping all nite except for pain meds around 3-4 am then go right back to sleep. Tonite I'm not going to set alarm to see if I sleep thru.

This little beauty works great! Attached pic.
I can maneuver around with plate of food, books, tablet, phone, small dog, medium dog, small child, etc. You can load up this tray will lots of stuff! Consider using Amazon smile so bonesmart gets a much needed donation.

Pain. Is a work in progress. Yesterday evening it was kneecap area and restless tkr leg. Nothing helped. Walked around, elevated, iced, took meds. Then just did some yoga breathing. It subsided. To me it means something is healing. And this is not a pain free recovery. But its bearable. Just gets tiring sometimes.
USMC ....."pain is weakness leaving the body"
Yeah. Right. Shut up.:loll:yes, I'm a bit sassy today LOL

How are the January Jackpots today???

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230116-094616.png
    Screenshot_20230116-094616.png
    120.5 KB · Views: 72
I've found that I have to use my Lounge Doctor and ice machine almost all day.
You are wise to do so. It's still early days -- as you know since this is your second time around. And it sounds like you have everything well organized to make this recovery as smooth as possible.

Wishing you a pain-free week!

Ugh how do I delete the second post???
Its when I tried to edit the first.

My motto: sometimes ya gotta laugh to keep from crying!
You are so right, beachy! This recovery can be really rough. Laughter makes it easier to bear, especially when it’s with others who can relate! I’m still getting a great laugh from your buffet table comment. I can just see the two of us with our swollen knees, sitting up on a buffet table in a bed of greens. “Would you like the ham or the pot roast today?” :heehee:

@JusticeRider
OMGosh that is too darn funny! I'll trade with you... I prefer beef over ham:loll:

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230119-145542.png
    Screenshot_20230119-145542.png
    257.2 KB · Views: 46
  • Screenshot_20230119-145656.png
    Screenshot_20230119-145656.png
    370.1 KB · Views: 69
@InkedMarie
Apparently Smooth Move makes you move in 2 ways. Moves the bowels. AND moves you from recliner to bathroom:rofsign:which is considered ADL!
ROFL that is true! I tried all kinda of things with knee #1 but it took a few days. Read about Smooth Move; that worked very well with #2

Marie

Hubs still spots me for daily shower, but I think he enjoys it.:yahoo:
:heehee: Of course he does. :wink:

That tray is pretty nifty. It gets you up and moving I'm guessing. In the early days it is too easy to yell "Hey, will you please grab me the such and such." Hubs used to reward me with treats after I did things like go to the bathroom, take a shower, fetch a water refill etc. As I sat in the recliner he'd throw candy in my lap like I was a dog that just did a trick. Too many Haribou Gummy Bears and Lindor Truffles in the first two weeks!! :groan:
It was fun while it lasted though, lol.
You're doing well! I hope you have a good night and your sleep is sweet.
@beachy

Hi @beachy I am thinking of you, sorry have not been in contact family issues , but I remembered you have got this sending love and healing :angel:Chris

@beachy I remembered the wrong date though it was the 21st
Looks like you have had a better recovery this time round though :)

Hey @gecko !
So nice of you to think of me! Really appreciate it.
Sorry your having family issues, though. That's rough. Hugs to you:console2:

Groundhog Day Recovery #whatever.

Ice and elevate. As much as humanly possible.

Hubs went to work today so I'm pretty much on my own. My wonderful son is here to hang out with me and take the furry terrorist for a walk. Its a beautiful day and I may venture outside to air myself out while he is here.
When he leaves I will enjoy my independence for a few hrs til hubs comes home.

Appetite is still off. Not hungry at all, but eating enough. Do the pain meds do that?
No need for the Smooth Move, Movical or stick of dynamite. That's all sorted out.

Still having enough pain that I need the prescription pain meds. But, they work. Trying for 5 hrs.
No 2 recoveries are alike, but I like to journal the early days to compare to my first tkr thread.

Do we have any new January Jackpots here?

Left pic is today
Right pic is Jan 14
Swelling feels better.

Attachments

• IMG_20230120_161433.jpg
    IMG_20230120_161433.jpg
    112.3 KB · Views: 60
  • IMG_20230114_105353.jpg
    IMG_20230114_105353.jpg
    128.2 KB · Views: 70
Oh yeah, you can see the difference!

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog