THR Two years of building the courage, finally on the other side!

Hi Abbylayla,
I hope you've been doing well over the past few weeks. We'd love to hear how you're feeling about your progress. Wishing you all the best in 2023, it should be a good year for you.
Happy Three Month Anniversary!
@Abbylayla

Hi Layla. My progress has backtracked a little. I've not been in PT or done home exercise for three weeks. My dog had been on a rollercoaster of one day good the next day not so much. She ended up taking a turn for the worse last week and we had to let her go January 17. Needless to say we are crushed & trying to get used to the loss of her huge presence in our house. We've been giving our other dog (named Layla) an exorbitant amount of attention as she was extremely bonded to Abby.
It's been a rough month to say the least.
On a lighter note I have been able to do some walking unaided. Only 10 or so feet & back but that's 10 feet more than I was previously doing.
I'm going to start up PT Thursday. I think the equipment does me a world of good building my muscles back.
And on a very comical note "that woman" continues to call me. I continue to ignore her calls so she actually left my spouse a message wanted to know why I'm not calling her back. You can't make this stuff up. I have a follow up with my surgeon Monday. He'll get a kick out of that.

Aww, I am so sorry for the loss of your beloved, Abby. It is so hard to part with our furry friends. Sending a hug and best wishes as you return to PT on Thursday.
It is nice to hear from you.
@Abbylayla

Losing a dog is so difficult. We've been spending a lot of time with our blue merle & its definitely helping her.
Never got to PT last week so I've been out 1 month now. Their website hours say they are open until 8pm three days so I figured that would make it easier for me. So I called to schedule. They are never open to 8pm. The latest they're open is 5. They posted 8pm on Fridays. They actually close at 1. So I asked why they had those hours posted. She seemed uncomfortable with the question then said that the physical therapist was there until 8. Again I asked well if he's there can I get get an appointment. She put me on hold then came back on & said I couldn't. So I don't have any PT until this week.
I was kind of disgusted and thought about going somewhere with more schedule options. Called 2 other places to confirm their hours and they were exaggerated also. One of them listed Saturday hours which would be perfect....they are closed on Saturday. So again I ask why their website hour are so different than their actual. She replied...also uncomfortably, they probably didn't get to updating their website yet.
What in the world is this craziness all about

In my opinion, it's become apparent not as many people want to work these days and these places are probably short physical therapists and fear if they post their real (scaled back) hours, people will look elsewhere for more options time wise. It's actually rather sad in my opinion for both the business owner and consumer. I hope you're able to find someone to work with, Abbylala, someone you click with and someone that understands you're the boss. :wink: :heehee:
@Abbylayla

I'm going to just stay with where I am since they all seem to have similar hours. Right now I just want to get going again because as you know, I'm not actually going to PT to rehab my hip but to strengthen my legs which had two years of minimal use.
They had been feeling noticeably stronger and my calves were building muscle again before I had to step back. So I've got to play some catch up now.
I'm looking forward to getting back on the stepper. He's got it set at the sit rather than standing position. That piece of equipment is great non weight bearing muscle building exercise for me. One thing I'm going to insist on is the treadmill. I've asked a number of times to start using it but he thinks it's too soon. I think that's ridiculous. I've been able to walk with minimal support for over a month. The treadmill has hand rails and that's all I need. It will do me a world of good. Ugh these physical therapists give me a headache!

Last edited:
:hi: Abbylayla
I hope you've had a couple good weeks since you last posted.
Happy Four Month Anniversary! Enjoy the day and have a wonderful week!
@Abbylayla

Thank you Layla. Trying to get used to my new normal of only one dog.
Starting to walk a few steps without crutches! Using weights on a few exercises. Working on the "guest list" I'll invite to the day I throw these crutches into a barrel fire! Lol

Aww, hard times adjusting after that loss. I am sorry. :console2: I do understand.
Sounds like you're making some good progress and your sense of humor is intact.
Thanks for updating. It was nice to hear from you.
@Abbylayla

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• Jaycey
    ADMINISTRATOR Staff member since February 2011

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
JanieMarie
Recent bookmarks