TKR A New Day

I'm sorry I don't mean to laugh, because I was literally laughing out loud at the "alien strapped to my knee" remarks. Then I started to sober up mid laugh and thought, geez, there will be 2 aliens strapped to my knees in a short bit of time so keep the alien care tips coming! Sobering though.
All the information and experiences here on Bonesmart seem to point to a full 12-18 month gestation period for aliens and their hosts to become "one". Good luck!

@sistersinhim It helps for a few hours then it's uncomfortable again. I live in hope that one day it will be back to near normal as possible and I can put this experience behind me. Thanks take care Jcx.

Mine can still be painful, but nothing like it was. It depends on what I have done. For instance, yesterday I had to get under the kitchen cabinet, after pulling all the stuff out, and tighten my kitchen faucet. I woke up with a sore right knee, but after a few hours it calmed down. Of course, there were lots of other sore places, too!

I think all in all you are doing well. You just passed that year mark. There have been many others that see a lot of improvement in their second year. I bet you'll see that improvement as time goes on.

@Mettlehips . Alas I can't take credit for the alien comparison. another member posted it. It summed up the way my knee felt. It made me laugh also you have to laugh or else you c.. Take care Jcx

@sistersinhim It helps for a few hours then it's uncomfortable again. I live in hope that one day it will be back to near normal as possible and I can put this experience behind me. Thanks take care Jcx.
:console2:

Reactions: Jcx
Hi All. One year and one month since my LTKR. Waiting to see my surgeon for my yearly check up. Still have a few issues but I'm determined to get on with my life. Going on holiday on the 8th January it's the first one this year. So going to rest and relax for ten days and come back with a new mindset. Then I will be on the phone and get an appointment with my surgeon. Who hopefully will come up with and a plan to get me on the road to full recovery. Keep posting and reading it has helped me in the past both mentally and physically. Happy New Year. Take care Jcx.

It's one year and two months since my LTKR. Finally I have the date for my appointment with my surgeon on 29th February. I have a million questions for him. Hopefully he has all the answers. Tight band feeling is still present but not as severe. Still waiting for the day I can walk without thinking about my new knee. It's been a long journey and hopefully it will be over soon. Take care Jcx

Hi,
Thanks for the update. I hope you enjoyed your holiday!
I wish you all the best with your appointment at the end of February. Please know that many continue to enjoy progress into the second and even third years post op. I do believe the day will come when your knee won't be in the forefront of your mind. Hang in there and have a wonderful 2023!
@Jcx

@Layla . Holiday went really well thanks. 2023 can't be any worse than 2022. Lol . Thanks again Jcx.

Finally I had an appointment with my surgeon today. It's been 15 months since my LTKR. Having many issues with my knee mainly the tight band feeling. He listened to me and examined my knee. Then concluded the knee was fine and moving ok. I said I felt that the knee was moving ok but my concerns were the things that were going on around the knee area. He ordered my bloods sent me for an x-ray. I have to return to the hospital for a CT scan and I have an appointment with him in six weeks time. Hoping everything is ok with my knee and I can get on with my recovery and life. Take care Jcx.

Feeling a bit down at the moment still icing and elevating after one year and about five months. Waiting for a scan but it looks like it's going to be June at the earliest. Tight band one day then the next it's feels like there is a obstruction in my knee. Sadly I can predict what each day will bring and nobody has come up with any answers yet. Thanks for listening feeling better already after a bit of a rant. Take care Jcx.

I’m sorry that you still have these issues. I understand. I‘ve had 3 second opinions and they all tell me there’s nothing to fix, and no explanation of my issues. Thankfully, my issues are “manageable.”

I am managing but I thought I would have been well on the mend by now. Every morning I wake up I think this might be the day but alas it's not. Thanks for your reply it is what it is. Take care Jcx

feeling better already after a bit of a rant
Come and vent as often as you feel the need and we'll do our best to support you.
I am sorry you've been struggling for so long and that you have to wait until at least June for the MRI. Hopefully your bloodwork and x-ray results were good. Assuming you met with your surgeon again recently. With any luck you're able to remain reasonably engaged and enjoy some of the activity you love. :fingersx:
Wishing you comfort and answers leading to resolution. Stay in touch!

Sorry to hear things are still tough for you this far along. I can relate as I'm also on an extended TKR recovery journey at 1 year and 2 months post surgery.

It can be very frustrating as we continue to rest/elevate/exercise as prescribed but see progression at a snails pace! Uugh! It is not from lack of effort on our part!

This may sound ridiculous but I am now able to do up to 15 minutes of activity ie. vacuum, stand to fold laundry, dishes, walking etc. and that is significant progress for me! Multiple X-rays of the implant look "good" and no other explanations offered.

I really hope your CT Scan helps with the problems you're having and answers some of your questions around the area surrounding your knee. X rays only show the bone and new joint but it seems you have to have long term ongoing problems before anything else is suggested. I really hope you get sorted.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• Jaycey
    ADMINISTRATOR Staff member since February 2011

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
JanieMarie
Recent bookmarks
Back