THR Surgery Scheduled!

RhondaLee

Country
United States United States
I'm scheduled for a right THR on 12/21. Pre-op is tomorrow, 12/7 and I have an appointment with the surgeon the following day.
It hasn't been the best experience thus far in that I have received a number of mixed messages from KP, requiring me to follow up with more emails and phone calls. I have suggested that they develop a patient advisory group or assign some sort of ombudsman or nurse navigator to the patient the minute they decide to have surgery. Having to figure out all of the specifics, along with the realization that the health organization doesn't have their act together, is stressful and unnerving. Phew.

@RhondaLee Congratulations on getting your date for surgery! I am sorry you are having a frustrating experience with KP. Way back 11 years ago when I had my BTHR through KP (Pacific NW area) the organization was very efficient and clear. Alas I think COVID pandemic has made a mess of many aspects of health care all over the world. Yesterday I had to go to my local KP clinic for some tests ordered by my PCP. For one aspect I got redirected 3 time! Changes in where things were being done had happened and apparently the memo was not widely sent. Stiff upper lip and all that ... all will be sorted out and once you are in hospital for surgery I am sure all will be well.

Congratulations @RhondaLee ! It's a big deal to get that scheduled and now it's full steam ahead.
I agree with @djklaugh about Covid rattling the admins in all of our health organizations.
Hopefully you will feel much more comforted at the surgeons office on Dec. 8th.
I remember having such a rough day with the pre op scheduling and testing, too. But the day of surgery whisked by so smoothly.

I will ask the admins to make you a signature with your date

@RhondaLee Well done on getting your surgery scheduled. It's a nerve wracking time I know! Make a list of your questions and take it with you to your appointment. Write down the answers while you are discussing issues with your surgeon. Let us know how your appointment goes!

Wishing you all the best tomorrow, RhondaLee!
A brand new hip just in time for Christmas. While you won't be rockin' around the Christmas tree this year, there's always next year. :banana-santa:
Best Wishes and Merry Christmas. I will look forward to following your healing journey on the flip side. :xmas-wave-smiley-emoticon:
@RhondaLee

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• Layla
    Staff member since November 20, 2017
  • Pumpkin
    Staff member since March 26, 2015
  • Jamie
    Staff member since Feb, 2009
  • mendogal
    Staff member since November 10, 2023

Forum statistics