Revision THR Complex Revision poor outcome Ehlers Danlos

Ah....that makes sense now. It will be no big deal and you can go forward with your recovery once it's removed. Until then be sure it doesn't snag on anything. You can cover it with a bandage if that helps.

Thank you Jamie. It isn't poking out at all. It is poking straight down.! Whe T that spot touches anything.. like when sitting, it feels like a little knife!

Ouch! I know you'll be glad to get that taken care of. Wish I had some suggestion to make the pain less obvious until it's removed, but I can't think of anything except trying not to put pressure on that area.

Celebrating last weekend at ER for infusion! Three more days at infusion ctr

I'm sorry about that pesky suture and that you have to wait for relief until Tuesday.
At least you have something to celebrate with your last weekend at ER for infusion.
Yay! Things are looking up. :SUNsmile:
@Flowerfloosey69

Yes! I put a nexus bandaid over it and that helps! Thank you for your concern and posts!
One of the ER nurses high five'd me today! I was in and out of ER in 20 min the last two days! WooWoo! A record, I'm sure!

Hi @Flowerfloosey69 . I haven’t been on the site for a while, but wanted to check in to see how you are doing. It does seem that you are finally on your way towards a good outcome. Keeping fingers and toes crossed for you that all continues well, and sending hugs.

Hi Klassy,
Thank you so much for checking in in me.
Wednesday was my last day for Picc line
Antibiotics. I'm still on Doxacycline for 90 more days and maybe another 90 after that. Depends on my blood work.

I'm still experiencing limping badly and some groin/buttock pain. I think maybe it's the misaligned cup, but am hoping it will go away.

The hardest thing right now is gaining my stamina back. The infection and third surgery
To clean out the infection, seems to have made me pretty weak and I am still feeling pretty frail. I started driving yesterday.. just a very short trip with our grandaughter. Didn't get out of car.

I'm still definitely needing a cane but I think I'm going in the right direction, but it's very slow!

I see the revision OS the end of Oct. they will also take exrays of my rt knee. It's been revised once but is in bad shape

Removal of stitch wasn't bad but it was a long piece of monofilament that was sticking straight down. She had to open a small area
To get it out. Feels so much better.

She didn't remove it immediately the first time as she had just returned from a vacation and her office was full, and she didn't have scheduled time.

Happy that stitch annoyance is out of the way!
You will rebuild your strength slowly but surely, I was just telling a friend the other day how I get tired around 3 and feel like a nap is in order!
Your body has been through so much.
Nothing wrong with using the cane, keep mine in the car just in case!
Have a glorious Sunday!

Thank you for encouragement! Am in the "process" of accepting where I am healthwise
As I have too many ligament problems due to Ehlers Danlos. After a year.. 2 revisions, 4 dislocations, surgery and hospitalization for infection etc. very unstable spine.. I'm just taking one day at a time and trying to enjoy every moment!

It must be a reieif to have that pesky stitch out. Now you can focus on your slow but sure recovery.

I like your approach to this recovery. Your body has been through a lot and it's going to need some extra time to heal and gain strength. One day at a time is good. Sending (((((HUGS)))).

One day at a time and enjoying the moment, sounds good to me. All your surgeries will have taken it out of you, but deep inside the healing is happening.

UPDATE I am past the 6 week mark after the / clean out surgery. I asked that surgeon exactly what was done, and she said mostly just rinsing it out and placing antibiotic beads.
I see the revisionist surgeon next week. Since the second revision was done July 21, I am thinking maybe the feeling I have near the hip joint, may be what I am left with. I am feeling pain in a certain position and especially first thing in the morning.. like it's on the edge of the constrained liner and my lack of tissue tension is apparent. I have some pretty significant stamina issues even tho I am now up from bed all day and doing things.

I am very concerned about how weak my whole left leg and hip girdle area is after walking just a little.

I think given all you have been through weakness might be expected at just a little past six weeks.
Hang in there, I know easy for me to say and I do realize we all want to get back to our normal lifestyle but give yourself a break, it's good you are up all day and doing things.
I still get tired some days and just need to go put my feet up for and hour and watch a show or read.
All my best.

It is going to take a fairly significant amount of time for things to heal with your hip after this last procedure and all you've been through. It's going to take patience and time. Be sure not to try and push yourself. I'm not surprised you would have the feelings you describe, because it takes time for the soft tissues around your joint to grow and strengthen so they can contain the implant properly. In a normal hip, the hip capsule serves this function. But when your hip is replace (and revised) the capsule is removed to gain access to the joint. With time in recovery, scar tissue forms to serve this purpose. Then all the traumatized soft tissues surrounding the joint must heal and strengthen.

I even noticed the same feelings with my primary hip at the 6 week mark. I didn't have much range of motion for a while and now at 8 weeks, it's very slowly getting better. But even for me with an uncomplicated first surgery, the recovery is slower than I expected. So, just continue to do some movement like you're doing, but don't feel that you need to push to improve quickly. At this early stage in your recovery, don't assume that you will be left with any pain you're feeling now. Lots of healing still must take place. Hang in there!

Thank you for responding. I'm at the three months. I agree with you and am so hoping scar tissue gives me tissue tension because having Ehlers Danlos, my ROM is too great as my connective tissues is very faulty. With this constrained liner, I can tell my hip prosthesis is right on the edge of dislocating, but won't.

I can tell my hip prosthesis is right on the edge of dislocating, but won't
I am so sorry. That must be unnerving and always in the forefront of your mind.
Sending a hug and best wishes for a peaceful day. :console2:

You do have some extra challenges, but that's precisely why it's good to cut your body some slack in your recovery expectations. My feeling is that it likely will take you longer to achieve the comfort and strength with your new hip. With all you've been through, who wouldn't be worried about another dislocation! I think that fear will fade with some time as well. Your mind has to get used to the feel and functionality of this hip so you intuitively know its limits and what is "normal" for you now. I am confident you will get there!

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
MaxiHound
Recent bookmarks

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom