THR In recovery land

I am not! Was surprised at how one seemingly little thing could have such an impact. Evidently, There are no little things.

Soft tissues remain angry and petulant for quite some time following a joint replacement.
It doesn't take much to set them off, as they can be very grudgeful with a long memory.

You will feel better, just play nice with them and let them get over their grumpiness.

Blimey charlie you yankees know the inside and outside of a cats backside regarding your medication, in Merry olde England we get a bite on a leather strap and a shot of whisky , if we’re lucky. All the very best

@JohnWilky hopefully the shot of whiskey comes before chewing on that leather! Thanks for the giggle...

Now back to Poodle's recovery. How have the past couple of days been for you? @Poodle3

@CricketHip, thank you for asking. I tend to go silent when I’m struggling. After seeing my surgeons PA, I took another week off of everything. Yesterday I had an appt with PT. She‘s doing massage for the tense glute muscles. Recommended no extra walks until this settles down. Lots of icing and elevating. I agree. Don’t want to aggravate it anymore. Could take 6 weeks to get better. Pretty depressing thought but it is my situation. I still limp without my cane.
I get along fine in the house. Dogs have been so good, such intuitive beings. Vet tech walks them daily. I can drive. My strength in my legs is good. The problem is weight bearing on op leg. And my old old girl Stella is on her last days.
I grew up in Pittsburgh. Love that city.

Oh Poodle, I'm sorry. If it helps, many of us had a setback that took weeks to settle down. But it does settle.

As you are finding out, patience is the most important exercise for you currently.
I agree about our beloved pets, especially dogs. They are very intuitive when we are ill or injured. My yellow lab got me through both of my THR's.

Pittsburgh is a great city, isn't it? We live on the eastern side by Philly and keep promising myself a long weekend there.

Hang in there, things will start looking up, as one of my colleagues says, It's just a blip in time.

dferrhmucaaj4jk-jpg.74669

I hope this gives you a chuckle. But it's so true. I'm guessing that I know what stage you are feeling..

Funny and true!
I was doing so well, walking short distances without my cane, before my ill fated stretch. Now can’t do it!! Back to square one.
One of my girls will only walk with me so I have to get back, if only for her.

Hello Poodle3,
Sorry you're struggling. I hope you're feeling better soon.
It is a special Thursday....Happy One Month Anniversary! I hope today is a good day. :)
@Poodle3

A belated Happy Two Month Anniversary!
How are you doing, Poodle3? Please share an update when you have time. We'd love to hear from you.
Until then...all the best!
@Poodle3

Well, you all were right. My little set back was a bump in the road. I’m walking comfortably without any assisted device. Still some muscle aches but working through it. Out patient PT has helped a lot. I’m walking my mellow, easy going girl. Ready to take my puppy back to class at the end of the month. Driving, taking care of my household.
Overall very encouraged and heading in the right direction. Still mindful and not being crazy! Still a road to travel.
I‘ve been meaning to update. Your kind message prompted me. Thank you.Kathy

@Poodle3, lovely to hear that you getting on so well. Two months seems so long ago now and in other ways it has flown.

Take care x

@Poodle3 , good to know you are doing so well and walking without any aid at the 2 month mark !!! Thanks for sharing your experience :flwrysmile:

Yup, recovery is a roller coaster. Just hang on tight!
rollercoaster.jpg

Happy Three Month Anniversary!
I hope you're enjoying a beautiful Autumn with your new hip.
Take good care!
@Poodle3

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• Axx72
    Staff member since December 27, 2023
  • Jaycey
    ADMINISTRATOR Staff member since February 2011

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties