TKR Marie’s LTKR thread!

When Steve got up, I told him I had to either not go to camp until being able to sleep happens more than it doesn’t or we had to buy an RV power recliner that would stay reclined.

We now have a power recliner so I can continue to enjoy camp :)
:roseshwr: Awesome!!!

I forgot to say that while playing cornhole this afternoon, I tripped but landed on my “better” knee (since both had been replaced). Needed help to get up. I hadn’t even had an adult beverage!

Oh no on the fall! You will probably be really sore tomorrow. Be sure to ice and elevate most of the night. Good news on the motorized recliner. I bought one before my surgery because it would lay out flat and I could sleep well in it.

Oh no on the fall! You will probably be really sore tomorrow. Be sure to ice and elevate most of the night. Good news on the motorized recliner. I bought one before my surgery because it would lay out flat and I could sleep well in it.
We have them at home.....both homes now!
I‘m just glad I didn’t fall on the brand new knee!

I’m a little sore, @sistersinhim but not from the fall, from PT! He added a couple more reps and pounds on the leg press, with my blessing but it made me a bit sore. Not just the knees but my hips!

I slept last night! Added two magnesium. Went to bed before 9pm, I don’t think it took me five minutes to fall asleep. Slept til a 3am potty break then slept for two more hours!

Marie

You can't buy a good night's sleep. It's a blessing. It sounds like you did well!

Hope you’re ok! Just rest up in your recliner and take it easy!
What is cornhole? And while I’m on the subject, what is pickleball?

@kiwicurls cornhole is two boards with holes in them, they’re propped,up@ little bit, not flat. You throw bean bags and try to get in the hole. It’s a big game here in the US....you can even be a pro but I can’t lol. Here are our boards and a picture of random bags

5A55167A-4B41-43FF-872E-412491051EC3.jpeg
35893D32-34FE-4DED-97DD-FC5CA38ABC88.jpeg
FD9CCCFB-447F-4459-A484-B73C451BD288.jpeg

This last photo gives you an idea. That’s my husband Steve on the left and our friend Bill on the right

i have no idea what pickle ball is!
Marie

Last edited by a moderator:
@InkedMarie
Oh yes! We played this on our last cruise but they didn’t call it cornhole. Heaps of fun and my Steve won a bottle of champagne. He’s always been good at games, unlike me.
Thanks for the pictures.

Here is a photo of pickleball. It's simular to tennis, but much slower. I think it's perfect for we seniors and have been looking for it in my area. So far, I've struck out.

1655208356403.png

I looove pickleball. It has become my addiction. I started playing in November 2021 with bilateral hip replacement done 10/2020 and left knee replacement 12/20. I was very guarded at first. I didn't know how the implants would hold up. They were great. I was playing 4 times a week between 1 and 4 hours. I paid for lessons and met all these new people. I lost 10 pounds running around. And then, my right knee started. I would play through the pain until I couldnt.. i wound up on crutches with a bucket handle meniscus tear, post medial cruciate tear and severe OA. Only option RTKR. I was sooo bummed. I just found pickleball. RTKR on may 11, 2022. Tomorrow 5 weeks post op. Knee seems to be healing much better than my left. I couldn't tell you why but I am grateful for this recovery. I hope to be back at pickleball sooner than later. I realize that even though I feel much better than last knee, there is a healing process that I can't rush. Only time will heal a broken or cut bone. So here I am icing, resting and elevating waiting for the next game.

I'm married to a Steve too :wink:

I'm fairly decent at corn hole, I used to deliver papers when I was young plus I pitched in a rec softball league so I'm pretty good at underhand throwing. We haven't had our boards out much yet because our weather has been so crappy!!! Lots of rain and cool, cloudy weather.

I would love to play pickle ball. At our last HOA meeting they mentioned possibly putting a court in when they take out a kid play structure in a couple of years (it's old). Lots of neighbors voted yes for a pickle ball court!

Yay for the new recliner! :yes!:

2E089B88-0F86-4FD1-A8CF-FC671DE0A1A9.jpeg

I’m sharing this picture. I’ll be eight weeks post op on Thursday. The areas in blue in the picture are places where it is still tender to the touch.

The area in red is what hurts when my PT tries to bend my knee (we stop when I say stop). Weirdly, that area used to have quite the bruise & is now discolored.

Is the tenderness something normal for eight weeks? How about the other area?

My Steve & I were talking about the differences in knees. Neither of us recall being tender to the touch with the first one & it’s not in my journal.

Marie

I'd say it's all normal. You are not healed inside yet and will have aches and pains in different places for many months. That place in red could possibly be from a medial release. Doctors frequently do releases to make sure the knee tracks properly. I had pain there for months. I requested my surgical report and discovered that my surgeon had done a medial release during my TKR. I had had 2 previous lateral releases and I knew that it takes a while for those to heal. Having read that eased my mind. That was the reason for that discomfort!

I had a Lateral release done during my partial and I didn’t know that until I asked for, and read, my surgical report at one year post op. It would have been nice to know I was recovering from 2 procedures, as I struggled so much in the first year.

My outcome has not been good, and all my continued discomfort (still, 5 years later) is in that Lateral area. I think maybe something went wrong with the release. :hairpulling:

You’ve got a Steve too @kiwicurls ?! I stink at cornhole but have fun. Except when I fall LOL

Marie
@InkedMarie yes I have a Steve too. I ‘m sure you don’t stink at cornhole! I really hope you don’t fall over again; you never know what you might damage next!
I am hopeless at all sports except swimming. Ten pin bowling? My balls all end up in the gutter but it’s still fun. Nobody would want me on their team though.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
All2Gd88
Recent bookmarks

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom