PKR Frustration

Well it’s been 3weeks 2days since the second surgery. I know this tightness and pain in both knees is temporally but to be honest I’m tired of all the pain it’s been 4 months total since first and second surgery. I will be glad when I finally get to the other side

People don't realize how much patience this surgery takes. Hoping for a quick recovery is only natural, but very unusual. Hang in there. We're here for you.

Hey @Mia! Hang in there, you've got 2 new knees and with patience, liberation from pain is coming. Reread the recovery articles if it's been a while. I often find new nuggets of brilliance when I have done so.

@Mia your post reminded me of times with both knees that I was so over recovery and wondered if I’d ever feel close to normal again! It’s very hard at times on our bodies and spirit. You will get there.

Well I thought I was doing good finished therapy was released from the doctor. Tues I went back to work, my knees hurt the LTKR more than the RPKR. My job has me on my feet all day by the time I get home they are very sore and swollen and it hurts to walk. I ice and elevate them as soon and I get home knees feel very tight. I know it takes a year but this is getting frustrating. It’s been 6 months for the LTKR which is hurting more than the RPKR which has only been 3months

Hi @Mia , sorry to hear of the effect your job is having on your knees. I'd dread being on my feet all day long at this stage (20 weeks post-RTKR, 2 weeks post-LTKR) as I know I'd suffer the same as you have.

That said, a couple of months ago, I took a long overseas trip that was close to 24 hours door to door. I wore compression socks and compression knee sleeves the entire time, only taking them off once we settled in for the night in our hotel room. Granted, most of the 24 hours was sitting on planes or at the airport, but the compression socks and sleeve did a great job keeping swelling down. I'll have to say that they're not the most comfortable things in the world to have on for hours, but they did the job. Something to consider if you aren't already using them.

I hope you'll find something that works! All the best!

In this year long recovery, 6 months is halfway, so it’s very common to have pain being on your feet all day at this stage. I’m glad to read you are icing and elevating as soon as you get home. You might find also elevating all night to be a help.

By the way, I merged your newest thread with your original recovery thread, as we prefer that members in recovery have only one thread.

This benefits you because all your information is in one place, easy to find, and maintains a nice journal for you.

This also benefits our staff, as your information is all in one place, and we often go back through your thread for previous details, so we know what you‘ve been through which helps us advise you better.

So, please keep all your posts in this thread. If you’d like a new title, let us know what you want, and we’ll change it for you.

Many members bookmark their thread in their computer browser, so they can find it when they log on.
How can I find my threads and posts?

Best wishes on your continuing recovery! :flwrysmile:

@Mia it is likely the left is naturally bearing more of the weight as the right is still in its very early stages of recovery. My right is a year post op and has recently started to be more painful. My OS says it’s the dominant knee while the left builds itself back up and it is likely to react to more “responsibility” until the left is carrying its share.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• Jamie
    Staff member since Feb, 2009
  • benne68
    Staff member since February 4, 2022
  • mendogal
    Staff member since November 10, 2023
  • Jockette
    Staff member since March 18, 2018
  • EalingGran
    Staff member since January 23, 2024