THR So far, so good, knock wood

Happy Six Month Anniversary!
Recently I heard a surgeon advertising on TV and he had a patient saying she had hip replacement with zero pain at all. I so wish they would set expectations better.

I don’t understand why anyone would even believe that. It’s major surgery (trauma) involving cutting, bleeding, sawing, pounding, stitching / stapling etc. How could there not be some measure of pain afterward? We know better, right? :wink:

Wishing you even brighter days than these, as you move through the next six months. :)

Thought I'd check in just shy of my one year anniversary. After my last post, where I was doing pretty well at 6 months, I spent a week in NYC. There I did far too much walking, and set myself back again.

So when I got home, I went back to the PT and kept up through the end of the year when things seemed to be getting back on track. Now, at a year, I still have some minor pain (now outer lower thigh above knee) after a two mile brisk walk, but generally doing well (and I'm still doing my PT exercises). So I wanted to reinforce what @CricketHip said about continuing to heal in the 6-12 month time frame in case there are other "slow healers" like me out there.

Thanks to Bonesmart for all the support

Glad to hear you are doing well, with a few bumps in the road when you over do.
You will continue to heal over the next year or more, slow but sure.

Thanks for coming back with an update @DancerHips ( great username!). Speaking as a slow healer myself, it’s very encouraging to hear that you continued to improve in the second six months. Best wishes for the second twelve months!

Happy One Year Anniversary! Sorry to read you set yourself back awhile ago, but thankfully you were successful at turning it around. We’re happy you felt supported by the many great members that make up the forum. Thanks for expressing your appreciation. I believe you’ll continue to notice progress over then next year and possibly even into your third year. All the best to you!
@DancerHips

Ooooh, how I love a good update! Happy One Year Anniversary!!
:froggies:
P.S. don’t be surprised as the next three months pass by when you even feel better than now…. Truth!

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
All2Gd88
Recent bookmarks
Back
Top Bottom