TKR Better each week

So last week at my 12 week telephone checkup from my OS, he told me the pain on the inside of my knee was normal, as was the heat and swelling. Today the pain changed from an intermittent burning sensation to an intermittent stabbing pain, even while at rest. Has this happened to anyone here? Should I have concerns re: infection? There is no redness on the skin or fever but heat when touched.

The pain may have changed if you have increased your activity, or done something your young knee is not yet ready for.

By the way, I merged your newest thread with your original recovery thread, as we prefer that members in recovery have only one thread.

This benefits you because all your information is in one place, easy to find, and maintains a nice journal for you.

This also benefits our staff, as your information is all in one place, and we often go back through your thread for previous details, so we know what you‘ve been through which helps us advise you better.

So, please keep all your posts in this thread. If you’d like a new title, let us know what you want, and we’ll change it for you.

Many members bookmark their thread in their computer browser, so they can find it when they log on.
How can I find my threads and posts?

Best wishes on your continuing recovery! :flwrysmile:

Today the pain changed from an intermittent burning sensation to an intermittent stabbing pain, even while at rest. Has this happened to anyone here?
I have intermittent burning and stabbing pains on the inside of my leg at the joint, they are worse at night. The Knee is always warmer than the other. I imagine a bunch of tiny workers frantically trying to heal all of the structures that were disturbed during surgery and now during recovery, heating up the spot.

Today the pain changed from an intermittent burning sensation to an intermittent stabbing pain, even while at rest. Has this happened to anyone here?
I have intermittent burning and stabbing pains on the inside of my leg at the joint, they are worse at night. The Knee is always warmer than the other. I imagine a bunch of tiny workers frantically trying to heal all of the structures that were disturbed during surgery and now during recovery, heating up the spot.
Thank you Hawk2go… this makes me feel better. They’re busy little workers

Pain often changes in location and intensity. I am pretty far out from both replacements, but I still have random pains. I think this is pretty normal. Try not to worry. Just keep an eye on it.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• Jaycey
    ADMINISTRATOR Staff member since February 2011
  • Axx72
    Staff member since December 27, 2023

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
Dave4562