Revision THR Masaka Recovery Thread Sept 16 2021

Well I have finished the anticoagulants. Thank goodnes.

Just had a bit of a shock though. I fell over. My crutch went down one step. .

I was about 2 feet from my bed, and fell onto all fours. I managed to crawl and hoik myself onto my feet using the bed and dressing table.

My artificial knee didn’t like it.

How will I know if I have hurt my hip? I was able to walk once I got back on my feet.

I don’t think I bent it more than 90, and I didn’t fall on it. I fell onto my hands.

A bit of a shock.

:yikes: Wow, scary!
You didn’t dislocate or you wouldn’t have been able to get up, but instead in need of a ride to the ER by stretcher, per my understanding.

I would do lots of icing to hopefully ward off swelling from angry soft tissue. I hope you’re not in pain. You be careful now…or we’ll have to come and wrap you in bubble wrap for safety, lol.

Tomorrow is a special day so I’ll extend good wishes while I’m here.
Happy One Month Anniversary! I hope you have a lovely weekend. :)
@Masaka

Hello @Masaka
I hope your symptoms are dissipating after ending the prescription.

How are you feeling on this one month anniversary of your revision? Hopefully you’re having a good weekend. Wishing you luck with your appointment for your knee next week. Let us know how it goes.

Better. Only woke up once last night which is a first. The side effects are abating, particularly the numbness.

Getting better at walking on sticks in the house.

Have been walking outside about 200 yards on crutches. It’s wet a miserable today, so am dodging it.

Slightly concerned that some of the walking difficulties might be related to the left knee starting to fail totally. However will know Tuesday.

Well seen the next Surgeon today. He was not impressed with the hospital dragging me in, when the whole thing could have been combined with my post op check.

He is going to talk to the hip man and they are going to get a proper battle plan in place.

Going to have a comprehensive set of X-Rays on my left knee and right hip to see where we are at.

My left knee is completely :censored: but I knew that. My right hip is also arthritic.

He was slightly concerned I still can’t lift my left knee when sitting. I can do it when standing, and I am noticing a slight improvement.

Have brought a high stool, so going to practice heel slides and such like.

My gut feeling is the left knee is the next one to be done. There needs to be a gap of 6 months though.

We will see what the hip man says on the 29th.

Aww, I'm sorry you are still having pain and possibly looking at another surgery. Did the surgeon think that the knee is contributing to your not being able to lift it while sitting?

Sadly, we are at the age where we are finding that we have stiffness and pain in multiple joints. Thankfully there are good surgeons to help us!

Think the knee is just finished. It’s giving way when I walk, which is hindering trying to move the hip without crutches.

I am working on doing some small lifting from the knee. I can already get it about an inch. I think gentle, regular exercising is the way forward

Right hip very painful. It has been on and off for years. However you know your own body and it’s moved from its normal tantrums to giving me notice of intention to quit.

We will see what the x-Rays show.

I’m sorry additional failing joints are affecting your recovery.
I hope you find many moments of relief as you wait on x-rays and future surgeries. I has to be difficult for you. :console2:
@Masaka

@Layla - thank you. To be honest with you it wasn’t a surprise. My Rheumatologist told me last year the left knee was worse than the right, so it’s been on the cards for a while. Last time I had the hip revised 15 years or so ago, they offered to do the other hip, but it was too soon.

I am at least in the fortunate position of having a National Health service, rubbish as it sometimes is.

I don’t have to worry about funding these surgeries.

Besides my dog has come for a visit, so it’s a happy day.

Dog visiting = happy day in my book, too! :dogwalk:

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• Jaycey
    ADMINISTRATOR Staff member since February 2011

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
Dave4562
Recent bookmarks
Back