PKR Frustrated after PKR

Can I ask one more question (ok I'm sure it won't be my last)... there's a spot on my incision scar that keeps giving me issues. OS said Friday "well it looks like a stitch is trying to come out". Well, he said that 2 weeks ago too. It was oozing a couple of drops, then it filled with blood and that came out, then it scabbed over. The scab has come off but it still doesn't look good and the pain is so bad in That exact spot. It's a cross between a fire under my skin and someone jabbing a needle on top. Here's a pic.

iOS Image - 1107635554.jpg

This a post from my hip recovery thread:

My surgery was done with an anterior approach. It's difficult for me to see the entire scar well even in a mirror, however after my shower this morning I noticed that top end of the scar appears like it may be infected. There is a red circle around the area and it may have some pus showing. This scares the :censored: out of me. Just got off the phone with OS office and they will squeeze me in at 4:15. Everything has been going so well, I hope this is not a disaster in the making.

My spot looked very much like your and turned out to be my body rejecting a stich, although they put me on a 10 day course of antibiotics just in case. I would keep a close eye on it, and stay in touch with your OS, but I wouldn't panic. My stich never came out, but there is still a circle bigger than the rest of the scar where I had the issue.

I agree it's probably a stitch reaction. You should probably contact your OS. Have you sent the photo to your doctor?

This a post from my hip recovery thread:

My surgery was done with an anterior approach. It's difficult for me to see the entire scar well even in a mirror, however after my shower this morning I noticed that top end of the scar appears like it may be infected. There is a red circle around the area and it may have some pus showing. This scares the :censored: out of me. Just got off the phone with OS office and they will squeeze me in at 4:15. Everything has been going so well, I hope this is not a disaster in the making.

My spot looked very much like your and turned out to be my body rejecting a stich, although they put me on a 10 day course of antibiotics just in case. I would keep a close eye on it, and stay in touch with your OS, but I wouldn't panic. My stich never came out, but there is still a circle bigger than the rest of the scar where I had the issue.

Ok will do. My OS wanted to see me back in 3 weeks to re-check this. But the pain really just started Saturday after I saw him. If it gets worse, I'll definitely call to get in sooner.

My dr doesn't do email or text with patients. But I'll call if the pain doesn't get better. He saw the spot 3 days ago but really no pain that day in his office.

Last edited by a moderator:

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• Jamie
    Staff member since Feb, 2009

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
HikerWalker
Recent bookmarks