Hip Infection* I'm back home

Aww, I’m sorry. I’ll bet you were excited only to have your hopes dashed. Great news though that your WBC is normal! :yes!:
Hopefully the days fly by for you, Linda. Hugs and best wishes for a peaceful week.
@Linda1

Well here we are, week and a half later and the doctor extended my antibiotic infusion again till the 18th. He said the reason is my sed rate. It's still elevated which means I still have Inflammation. I lost count of how many weeks it's been. Anyone else go past the normal 6 weeks?

Looks like maybe about 8 weeks, Linda? I’m sorry this drags on for you, better safe than sorry though and the need to do this all again. I‘m sure you’re not the first that’s experienced a delay, but I can’t think of anyone in particular. If I do, I’ll let you know. It was nice to hear from you, please stay in touch.
I hope you have a nice weekend. :SUNsmile:
@Linda1

Linda, it's discouraging but it does happen. I know it's difficult. You really don't want to stop too soon and have it flare up again. Here's hoping the 18th will be the end.

I just had a call from home health care nurse. She received order to remove my PICC line tomorrow. I'm surprised since my sed rate only dropped 2 points this week. 50 to 48. Sure hope it doesn't go back up once antibiotics are out of my system. I've been them since July 18th.

:fingersx: it keeps dropping.
I know you are happy to have a reprieve from the PICC.
Hugs and continued best wishes.
Try to have a good weekend.:SUNsmile:

Maybe you were close to where they wanted you to be and it helped push you closer to safe. Will keep my fingers crossed that's the case and everything goes well from here on out. :fingersx: :fingersx:

Wonderful news, Linda.
Happening exactly two months after your last procedure. May it only be good news from here on out.
Happy Saturday! :SUNsmile:
@Linda1

Had blood work today. Surgeon and family doctor got results. I got a call from family doctor asking me how I was feeling. Surprised I asked why they were asking. My sed rate and CRP were elevated. My sed rate went from 48 to 63 in the 4 days I've been off antibiotics. I have to say I'm concerned. I hope to hear from surgeon tomorrow.

Prayers things regulate, Linda. Please let us know what you hear. Sorry for the stress this is causing you. :console2:
@Linda1

Hey Linda,
Stopping by to say Hi and see how you’re doing.
I hope things are looking up for you. We’re here if you need us.
Hugs and warm wishes for a peaceful end to the week.
@Linda1

At a little over 3 months I'm doing well! I have no pain in my hip. My knee is still painful but I'm able to get around with a cane. I'm going to PT. I've only got 20% movement when moving my right leg to the left. Can't remember the technical term of the exercise. At first there was no movement so I'm slowly improving. My limp is also improving. I try to walk 8,000 steps each day. I'm not looking forward to the cold weather. I feel stiff when temperatures drop. My sed rate has never gone back to normal. The doctors are keeping an eye on it. It averages between 48 and 68. Normal is under 30.

Nice update, Linda. Thanks for taking the time to share your progress.
Remember the Heel-toe walking for the limp.
This involves striking the ground with your heel first, then rolling through your heel to your toe, and pushing out of the step with your toe.
It takes a concentrated effort, but I believe you'll notice a difference. Give it a try.

You‘re not alone in feeling achy or stiff with cold or weather changes.
Weather changes are predicted by changes in barometric pressure, which is the weight of the air pressing against the earth's surface. These changes can trigger pain and stiffness in the area of the prosthesis. The activity of bone adapting and growing around the metal leads to the sensitivity felt during weather and pressure changes. These sensations normally disappear within one to two years following surgery.

Enjoy the rest of the weekend!
@Linda1

All progress is wonderful. I am sure it will continue to improve. Have a peaceful day. :flwrysmile:

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• Jamie
    Staff member since Feb, 2009

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
HikerWalker
Recent bookmarks
Back