THR Mayhip8's recovery thread

So glad your hip isnt giving you too much trouble @Mayhip8 ! Mine on the whole are wonderful compared to my gimpy days!
My dad tried that soap in the bed thing years ago! I do use a calcium/ magnesium supplement morning and night for my leg cramps and it works well. Pain free for you is a lovely word to see. We are walking all over Savannah, Georgia and my hips are doing great!! There are flowers blooming in February here, not barren trees and snow like we have! So enjoying our respite.
Love to all! :flwrysmile:

Hello, hello, hello everyone. I've not stopped by for a while as things have been really hectic and not fab to be honest so hubby took me to nice places last week during half term to keep my mind off what's going on at work. Health wise things still pretty good. Going to the gym 4 times a week and I'm firming up and am happily working my way to a kardashian bum (I wish!!) I have a nice routine from the personal trainer who worked with me in week 1 and it's been a great distraction. I never thought I'd be someone who enjoyed the gym but I'm now best friends with my Lycra , though I must say my thigh, on the up operated side is achy currently and sometimes after the gym my operated hip dies feel more tennis ball like when I'm sat down but it's pain free and I wish I'd had the surgery earlier, why was I so reluctant and just persevered with that horrendously strong cocktail of painkillers. I can't believe this time last year I was prescribed 6-8 codeine a day alongside naproxen and paracetamol! Anyway my lovelies it was nice catching up with your posts and glad to hear lots of positivity alongside strange stories of pickle juice and soap. Hugs to all xxx

Hi @ChrissyW
The titles are related to post counts.
Seniors 250-499
Graduate 500-999
Post-Grad 1000-1999 etc...
Type out 126 more posts and you'll be a Graduate :wink:

Happy weekend to all. I am in one of the southernmost states we have, Florida.
Strangely the 2 places we visited had abnormally cool weather and as soon as we left it was warming up again. Are we bringing it with us? But it's fun to see palm trees and flowers are blooming here! At home, everything is bare.
Hope our UK friends weather has righted and less rain , wind , etc!!
Hope all hips are feeling good. Going home to Pennsylvania tomorrow and wait for spring. Wonderful spending time with family and friends!
Love and hugs!

Spring!:happydance:

Daffodils!:flwrysmile:

Finally a bit of sunshine!:)

It’s a bright and sunny Monday here in my corner of the world.

Hope all is as well as can be with everyone?

It’s all been a bit busy round here lately, and have been coping okay, although my right hip is sticking quite a lot, I don’t suppose I could just be transported into post operative recovery could I?

My hubby needs an op at the end of March, so I am postponing my surgery until he’s mended so he can look after me when I need mending.

@ahipgma I hope you enjoyed your trip and made some lovely memories, and now you’re home waiting for spring to spring with a new spring in your step too I imagine?

@CrissyW I hope things are manageable at work and you continue to gain strength day to day with your gym training. Keep positive lovely lady

@Calgal I hope the winds and flood havent affected you too much, I hope you’re managing to get out and about- let’s hope for in for a decent spring !

I will love you and leave you just now - I’ve got a pile of housework I’ve got to catch up with as I’ve had the weekend off work and much joviality took place with various friends over and family nights. I am grateful to be able to enjoy good friends, good family, good times again :dancy::egypdance::loveshwr::roseshwr:

Tired, aching and drained but other than that alls functioning! @Mayhip8 i love spring flowers and always think daffodils look like happy flowers! Hope everyone is working the onwards and upwards trail, I know I am. Looking forward to the gym later this evening, no idea whether it's working on my body but it's a great stress reliever, I might even start hitting the punchbag (but I might need to print off some images and stick them on first!!). Hoping everyone is keeping well and safe in this turbulent legal th crisis
Hugs to all and happy evening xxx

The weekend has come around again!
We set out c
Seems like everyone is moving along on their respective course.
Hubs got cardioverted and is back in normal rhythm after just one shock!
We're hopeful.
Still trying to build some walking stamina and not doing too bad. Cant believe we're coming up on one year.
Lots of posts and support here for sure!
Our long awaited trip to Italy may not happen because of we know what.
I'm sad but what can you do.
I'm sorry work is hard Ms. @ChrissyW
I hope it improves for you!
@Mayhip8 hope your hubby's surgery goes well!! This middle aged stuff is not for the nervous it seems.
So glad it's this year instead of last!
All that recovery behind us and one more to go Mayhip! I hope its behaving for you!
Love to all.
Tired, aching and drained but other than that alls functioning! @Mayhip8 i love spring flowers and always think daffodils look like happy flowers! Hope everyone is working the onwards and upwards trail, I know I am. Looking forward to the gym later this evening, no idea whether it's working on my body but it's a great stress reliever, I might even start hitting the punchbag (but I might need to print off some images and stick them on first!!). Hoping everyone is keeping well and safe in this turbulent legal th crisis
Hugs to all and happy evening xxx

@ahipgma pleased to hear of hubbies positive cardioversion
sorry to hear that you have to postpone your Italy Trip - safety and health is paramount especially as we have older relatives we need to keep well.
@ChrissyW Im thinking of you at the moment - you have done so well in recovering and should be proud of yourself. I can imagine you are faced with some difficult days ahead in the current situation.
@Calgal I hope things are stable with you ?
from my perspective I’m ok with my “done “ hip.. I can feel and see muscle tone improving as I challenge my body to do more to regain strength - my “ undone” hip is bearable ( though in truth if someone could knock me out and replace it tomorrow I’d feel so much better !)
My hubby has surgery planned for 28th March however we are being realistic and cautious as elective surgery may be cancelled as the need for anaesthetist could be diverted for more urgent situations
My work life is hectic, confusing, worrying and challenging as the situation changes from hour to hour ( or so it seems) I’m resigned to not having surgery in the foreseeable future .. It could be worse I’m sure - at least I have one functioning hip!
I want to send my love and positive thought to you all tonight...
we are amazing! We have come so far in the past ( nearly a year) for this cohort.
stay safe my lovelies and never forget how much you’ve helped me and we’ve supported each other - when all of *this* settles down I propose a mass meeting and exuberant party to celebrate our achievements!?
I shall bring my ‘ world famous award winning lasagna’ and a fair few tots of divine cocktails!
Love and hugs :loveshwr::roseshwr:

Agree with the party when it's all over!
Keep safe, all, and remember what we were strong enough to get through last year! We went out shopping for essentials yesterday and the stores were mobbed. My mom couldnt find anything to put her hand sanitizer in to carry that was small so she ended up putting it in a Holy Water bottle my hub had given her! Every time we'd enter and leave a store we each had a squirt and applied like crazy. Shes 88 and concerned of course but we had a beautiful sunshiny day and we laughed at our predicament and had a yummy salmon dinner afterwards. Instead of visiting Italy I'm praying all are well soon there, and everywhere.
Cant believe our anniversary month is right around the corner.
Stay safe and well dear lovelies,
@Mayhip8 @ChrissyW and @Calgal and all ourfearless forum leaders :roseshwr:

How different our world is from last year when we all were contemplating shiny new hips. They are not allowing elective surgery here right now. Kids not in school, weddings cancelled, people hoarding food and TP, unbelievable. Praying that everyone in the world have peace and wellness someday soon.
Love to all,
@Mayhip8 , @ChrissyW

Hello one and all. What a world indeed! So many tearful students today, so sad after all ghd hard work they've done to not prove their ability in exams while there is no clarity as to how grades will be decided (though some students were pleading for predictions of A* grades!!) it's truly a world of uncertainty so staff safe and try keep positive. Hope you're all coping so far @ahipgma , @Mayhip8 and @Calgal . Virtual hugs to all xxx

@ahipgma @ChrissyW @Calgal et al
well it’s a bright sunny Monday morning here ,there is a blue sky and white clouds floating above .The sunshine is warming the shoots of budding plants along with the ranks of daffodils standing to worship the Sun.
my son finished school unexpectedly early last week and is amongst those who will no longer take their end of year GCSEs. He and students of his age that I know totally understand the reasoning, however feel that they may have wasted the last five years in education, to sit and chat with them and explain that their feelings are valid and to see it from their point of you was valuable - however they did understand that they have picked up knowledge and skills along the way and a piece of paper doesn’t always necessarily reflect what amazing individuals we all are. “True education is learning how to live”. is one of my motto’s , as an educator/ nurse I can understand the disappointment of teaching staff everywhere, however the students would not be where they are today without the amazing support and input from each and everyone of you.

My daughter does online learning from home and it provides some structure to her day, I’m working from home now for the foreseeable and so our lives change as we adapt to the situation. My husband still goes out to work at the moment but his surgery is still planned for the weekend so will wait an d see

These are indeed strange and unprecedented times. I will never forget the massive amount of support you and other Bonesmart buddies gave when I was recovering last year, and we are still in recovery - if we can continue to support each other and anyone else that needs it then I’m all for it.
I’ll pop back as regularly as I can.

Thinking of you all and sending love, care, positive vibes.:loveshwr::flwrysmile:

Many hugs, Mahip.
Stay connected, safe and well!
A peaceful week to you. :)
@Mayhip8

@Mayhip8 it's hard with students who feel so disappointed in not having had the opportunity to take those exams but learning is never wasted and they are living history and in years to come their children will be learning about this in their classes.
At the minute I'm on a Rota, in school every 3 weeks as we have teams to look after vulnerable and key worker children otherwise working from home and becoming well accustomed to Microsoft teams for online teaching. However I just wish the students were also becoming more accustomed to it as many are seeing this as an early holiday and not setting themselves a daily schooling routine! I just wish everyone would follow tha stay at home rule. We are allowing ourselves one walk, as per guidelines, as daily exercise, maintaining the 2 metre rule when anyone else is also having a walk but it's the cars full of young people that are driving me mad. I saw a group of girls, in a car wearing face masks like a fashion accessory. I'm convinced they have a 'it will never be me' attitude and don't care about others at all, not understanding the impact especially if they live precious, precocious , protected lives! It's wrong when so many of us are doing what we can to fight this virus by isolating ourselves when we have to and those of us that are key workers, as am I and my husband and many others, going out, supporting the nhs and those that will need help, while exposing ourselves to risks. Makes my blood boil! There you go my rant!
Anyway lovely bone smarties hope you are all safe and coping in these unprecedented times. Love and virtual hugs to all xxx

They will find out, the ones who say it cant happen. Things aren t good here. Especially in my beloved NYC, that we "visited" once do you remember? In happier times.
My son in law is a resident in ICU, and a pulmonary fellow, and he is going to work in an ICU full of covid patients
He has asthma. My daughter will be working there soon too.
I cant go visit my 88 year old mother, or my 2 year old granddaughter.
They say here to act as if everyone has it. Everyplace but essential businesses are closed down. Soft rains are falling, the birds sing and the grass is getting green. Its spring!! And its so hard.
I pray for everyone that goes outside because they need to. I subscribe to our states warning-- Be calm, stay home, stay safe. Be safe and well, @Mayhip8 @ChrissyW and @Calgal .

Just wanted to stop by and see how everyone was. God bless your son in law and daughter @ahipgma and they deserve so much thanks. It just feels like a surreal world. I was on the school rota to be in yesterday but they have scaled back even more following govt advise so it's all home working now. I skyped all my year 13 students today and it was nice to speak to them and I'd got through the year 12s yesterday. Families were really appreciative of the contact and the fact we are trying to keep things going. Lesson resources sent regularly, work being marked and trying to keep morale up. Thank heavens for the technology we have as it does allow so much contact however where there are students not bothering there's nothing, especially when you contact families to support with getting students to work and they say they can't, some will really struggle when the world reverts to normal service. Anyway that's my update so hoping you @Mayhip8 , @Calgal and @ahipgma are well and we will wait for our next virtual get together, in a peaceful, normal world. @Layla hope you too are staying safe and well. Love and blessings to all xxx

So good to hear from you @ChrissyW !
Doesnt last May when we first met seem far away! We are enormously blessed with our technology that allows devoted teachers like yourself to provide some normalcy to our kids!
There is all kinds of creativity going on here too, as much to help parents at home with really young ones stay busy, and provide direction to our young adults.
I'm going to make an encouraging banner to put outside my house as it is sort of at a crossroads where people desperate for exercise walk every day, and drag out my Christmas lights and put some around.
Dear @Mayhip8 did your hubs surgery take place? Have prayed for him.
So much elective surgery cancelled here. I never would have had my hips done had I waited till this year.
Our country shutdown was just extended to April 30 as our upward curve continues. What a lot of work we will have to do to get up and running again. History being made right now for sure. All in my immediate family are well so far, hope you all are well too and staying strong. Virtual hugs as we have always exchanged here. Now the world has joined us :friends: :loveshwr:
Be strong and safe lovely friends!
@Calgal @Layla @Elf1 @Mojo333 all our people here!!!!

Hello @Mayhip8 and @ChrissyW :wave:
Thank you all for the well wishes, ladies. While these are difficult times, I’m happy you’re all well. Residing in the states as you do @ahipgma I hear the daily briefings from your governor and the news is so sad. Disheartening stories from all over the globe. In the news today...the two cruise ships stranded off the coast of Florida with sick, recovering and deceased passengers aboard. Horrific.

Only one month until your one year anniversaries. You’re all in my prayers, for safety and good health. @Calgirl....you too!
Big hugs, ladies:friends:

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
JanieMarie
Recent bookmarks
Back
Top Bottom