Revision THR Continuing left hip pain

Thank you @Mojo333! You're the best! I am counting down the days! Still a bit nervous this time, but I will be happy to (HOPEFULLY) be better soon!

:)

Hi Erica,
Let's think positive, even though it's most likely difficult for you after all you've been through. Only two weeks to go and you'll begin to feel relief. Well deserved and long overdue. Wishing you comfort until then.
@ebair23

Hi @ebair23
Just popping by to check in.

One week (but who's counting):wink:

Hope you are doing okay and I will be sending continuous good mojo your way.:yes:

I should imagine you are nervous...and excited for someone to finally get this right.:yes:
What a great Christmas to know you will be healing.
We can have a virtual snowball fight from your hospital bed, if you like.:xmas-snowball-fight-smiley-emoticon:
Love these holiday emojis

Last edited:
Only one week to go now. I hope you're not too nervous. View it as a new beginning, the one you should have had originally. We'll be thinking of you on the day, lifting you in prayer, sending healing vibes and all that good stuff. You can count on us, Erica. You're never alone here.
I hope today is a good one. :friends:
@ebair23

Thank you guys! It makes my heart warm reading your messages. I also hope to feel good enough to update you after my surgery. Truthfully, I am amazed at the people on here who are able to get online right after. I always feel awful. Hahahahaha!

You'll be in our thoughts and prayers, don't worry about updating until you feel well enough. We will be anxious to hear from you but don't want you trying to push it if you don't feel up to it. Sending you a gentle, healing hugs and some holiday cheer!
:banana-santa::carols::santa-dance::plugging-in-xmas-tree-smiley-emoticon:

:xmas-wave-smiley-emoticon: @ebair23
I certainly didn't even think about posting for few days after my surgery.:umm:
I had another member due for a Bilateral shortly after mine who was looking for me to 'emerge' and was imagining the worst.:thud:

Certainly we will be looking for your update when you feel up to it..
All the best for tomorrow.:friends:

Thinking of you this morning @ebair23 We will All be here no matter when you emerge from recovery, Fingers crossed that you are on your way to a full recovery very soon. Best wishes for tomorrow.

Well....in a few hrs it will finally be the eve of your big day, Erica.
We'll be with you in spirit tomorrow lifting you in prayer, sending good vibes and thinking of you throughout the day. This will be your new beginning...finally.

Hopefully you'll feel decent enough a week from now to have a peaceful relaxing Christmas, then begin the New Year gaining
strength /mobility, finally, without the pain and uncertainty you've dealt with over the past nine months. It's gonna be good! :yes!:
Sending a warm hug and wishes for your comfort now and as you begin healing. :friends:
@ebair23

Thank you @Layla! You have all made me feel so relieved and at ease. Thank you for the well wishes and the love you are sending my way! I will check in when I am able! BTW, surgery is scheduled for 8am. I GET to be there by 6am. Hahaha!

Wish me luck!

:mcoffee: having some coffee for you, dear @ebair23
Too much good mojo coming your way from all your hippy friends.
See you on this Healing Side...again.
:loveshwr:

Just a little something to make you smile!
:xmas-wave-smiley-emoticon: :santa-dance: :banana-santa:

Well all. Just woke up. Wanted to fill you in. ☺️ Dr said when he got in there it was worse than he thought. Also had a hard time getting it out. Anyway I now have another new hip and some wires also. Pain is not the best. Once that is controlled some I think I will be all good! Gonna stay tonight and tomorrow here in the hospital. Thank you again for everything! Love you all ! You
image.jpg

So happy to see you awake and smiling, hope they get your pain under control soon. If they haven't given you any ice you may want to ask for it so you can start icing. Going to leave you some of the recovery guidelines, know you've been here before but just a reminder.

Hope you get a good nights sleep.

Hip Recovery: The Guidelines
1. Don’t worry: Your body will heal all by itself. Relax, let it, don't try and hurry it, don’t worry about any symptoms now, they are almost certainly temporary
2. Control discomfort:
rest
elevate
ice
take your pain meds by prescription schedule (not when pain starts!)
3. Do what you want to do BUT
a. If it hurts, don't do it and don't allow anyone - especially a physical therapist - to do it to you
b. If your leg swells more or gets stiffer in the 24 hours after doing it, don't do it again.
4. PT or exercise can be useful BUT take note of these
BoneSmart philosophy for sensible post op therapy
5. At week 4 and after you should follow this
Activity progression for THRs
6. Access these pages on the website
Oral And Intravenous Pain Medications
Wound Care In Hospital

Pain management and the pain chart
Healing: how long does it take?
Chart representation of THR recovery

Dislocation risk and 90 degree rule
Energy drain for THRs
Pain and swelling control: elevation is the key
Post op blues is a reality - be prepared for it
Myth busting: on getting addicted to pain meds
Sleep deprivation is pretty much inevitable - but what causes it?

BIG TIP: Hips actually don't need any exercise to get better. They do a pretty good job of it all on their own if given half a chance. Trouble is, people don't give them a chance and end up with all sorts of aches and pains and sore spots. All they need is the best therapy which is walking and even then not to excess.

We try to keep the forum a positive and safe place for our members to talk about their questions or concerns and to report successes with their joint replacement surgery.

While members may create as many threads as they like in a majority of BoneSmart's forums, we ask that each member have only one recovery thread. This policy makes it easier to go back and review history before providing advice.

Congratulations! You have a shiny new hip and here you are, posting selfies!
I hope you get some help getting the pain under control and you can snag some restful sleep tonight.
So very happy to see you here tonight !:loveshwr:

So happy its done...
:friends:
Hope they get the medication cocktail tweaked so you can get more comfortable.
Prayers for speedy healing.:praying:

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
All2Gd88
Recent bookmarks
Back
Top Bottom