Hip Infection* Izabel, Walking on Sunshine

animated-thank-you-image-0078.gif
all my dear Peeps cheering me on my achievement. But before I close my little Notebook (great things these are that Hubby bought me for a birthday a couple of years ago, ie, small laptop) I must update ...

Today I did my 50 step walk 8 (yes, eight) times, every 45 minutes or so, therefore 400 steps with one arm crutch. This doesn't count my steps with the walker, perhaps only 100 steps.

So, I am shattered and closing down as Hubby is doing me a jacket potato with butter, cheese and onion.

Nighty, night ... Catzz.jpeg Izzy xx

:wow: That’s amazing progress @Izabel Slow and steady sweet friend. Don’t push yourself too much. Each day add one set, how is your arm doing with the walking? My first week with cane, I had new hand and elbow pain. Ice works wonders there too. Hope you have a wonderful weekend Izzy! This week flew by. :loveshwr:

xxxxx Sarah ❤️

Been a little sparse on the forum due to both parents taking turns with hospital trips...
How excited I was to pop by and see you getting around so much better
:loveshwr:
Your positivity and perseverance are paying off!
Hope your weekend is sweet!:flwrysmile:

:wave: Sweet Sarah, Mojo and all my other Secret Friends.

I am now doing 90 steps five times a day with one arm crutch plus my approximate 100 steps with walker and of course my 15-20 minute pedaling. I feel I am walking quite upright with the crutch Sarah so no hand, arm or shoulder ache. In fact, I feel I am walking better with the crutch than the walker.

My next goal is steps. There are only single steps here, one from the foyer to the fireplace area (a curved one about 15 feet in length), one to the kitchen which is a half moon shape in an archway, small ones out the front and back doors, then one to the kitchen patio and one to the front of house patio. All are 'free' to the air, ie, no rails/walls to grab other than kitchen door. I am okay going up with the walker but a bit fearful going down, I feel like I am lurching forward. I have not yet attempted them with the crutch ... this weekend perhaps? :shocked: :scare: My left leg seems hesitant about approaching them ...:scaredycat:

All in all, I am more than pleased with my progress this week, so it seems that maybe five months is my turning point. I promise I will take things easy as I really do not fancy going down this road again! :nah:

I shall go look and see how everyone else is progressing and send hugs and kisses to all for a peaceful weekend.

z-bom-fim-de-semana31.gif Izzy xx

:wave: Hello Izabel, your progress is fantastic. You must be so pleased.
Please be careful with the steps. I would imagine you're always going to feel a measure of fear in regard to the steps. You'll know when the time is right. It's wonderful to read you're pleased with your progress. I couldn't be any happier for you. Hugs to you and wishes for a lovely weekend! :loveshwr:
@Izabel

What wonderful progress Izzy...
it’s amazing what difference a month can make in this recovery... soooo happy for you dear friend [emoji3059][emoji3059]

I find steps very easy with an elbow crutch... it’s just letting go of the fear... perhaps hubby could be there for the 1st try??

Have a great weekend ...

Love Chrissie [emoji3059][emoji3059]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

:wave: Peeps
Well, after my good report on Friday things went somewhat downhill. :climb: I suddenly developed an upset tummy and consequently I only did about 200 steps with the one crutch. Saturday was Hubby's 70th so I made Mexican ground beef in wraps for dinner (Enchiladas I guess) and I did little exercise again. Same thing yesterday not feeling 100% and with day temps around 95F I had no desire to be outside although we ate dinner on the kitchen patio yesterday as temps had dropped to 80F and there was a nice breeze.
Bad night last night with upset tummy and on the loo a few times this morning already! :blackcloud: This happens every few weeks and I wonder if my body is objecting still after 5-1/2 years on nasty meds (4 years on Anastrozole followed by pain meds, antbiotics, Fosamax, more antibiotics for 5 months ... ? I know they are probably out of my system but ... :what: Of course, infection always crosses my mind, but my hip is great, no pain or swelling or redness.

Oh well, today is another day and another week looms so I need to get my act in gear and back onto my schedule. Needless to say, I didn't try steps with the crutch over the weekend ... so we'll see how today goes.

I hope everyone else had a more positive weekend and I send hugs and kisses to all in need ... or whoever just wants hugs and kisses! :loveshwr:

Beijos.jpeg Izzy xx

Oh no Izzy. I’m so sorry to hear you are sick @Izabel The heat probably doesn’t help either. Hoping it’s just a bug and you will feel like yourself soon. We have had stomach bugs here in the States. Never think of it as a summer thing, but this summer have known many who got it. Hoping it’s not around long. :angel:

Sending wishes for a good week sweet friend. Hope you can start progressing with steps again. ❤️

Sorry your tummy didn't like the Mexican food!
Today is a new day...I think it's okay if you have less steps somedays...trying to keep some consistent activity vs one-upping may actually be more helpful.
Of course I am not in your shoes, so would never dare to suppose how all this affects your confidence...just want to let you know it is okay not to have a grand accomplishment to report. Keep the faith my friend.

Hoping your tummy is feeling better soon Izzy... what a lousy weekend for you especially for hubby’s 70th.

These bodies of ours! Perhaps today will see it better & your steps become a reality.

Sending healing hugs & wishes to your dear friend ..[emoji3590][emoji3590][emoji3590][emoji3059][emoji3059]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you Sarah, Mojo and Chrissie for your kind words. It is really appreciated my sweet :friends:.

I am not normally an 'unwell' person, never have colds/flu but am always first in the queue for tummy ailments or throat problems. I had the upset before the Mexican ... my favourite food along with Chinese. Our heat is dry and sometimes I feel it overpowering so thank goodness for a/c!
I probably have pushed myself a bit hard but I so want to be walking ... :walking: ... so I am cutting back on exercise.

I also had two bits of bad news today. My friend who had her hip replaced early December now has Tendonitis and from her I learned another friend of many years who only spends four winter months in Portugal has died of Cancer ... she was my Little Sweet Pea. Big Sigh ... I really don't have any issues in comparison.

So, I will have a calm day and reflect on my many blessings.
Hugs Flowers.jpeg Izzy xx

Aww, sweet Izabel, sorry you are feeling a bit off in the tummy. Hopefully it's shortlived and already improving. I'm sorry for the loss of your friend. Difficult news to digest I'm sure. It does cause us to pause and reflect on what's really important in life.

Cutting back on exercise until you're feeling better is a good thing. Let your body use its energy to heal whatever little issue you have going on and then slowly re-engage in your steps with the crutch. You'll get there, I know you will. Sending a hug and hoping you feel better soon. :console2: :loveshwr:
@Izabel

@Izabel I think when our bodies have been through such trauma they give us a gentle reminder to slow down and just remind us to go slow! I have been exactly running back and forward to the loo recently,so we both need to be gentle with ourselves! You are so brilliant and getting on so perfectly clever girl,big hugsxxxand hope you feel better soon.

Okay, I have admitted to myself that I am not Supergirl.jpeg .

I feel much better today and have reorganised my head and have done 15 minutes of pedaling (rather than 20) and am cutting my walks with one cane back to 30 steps (rather than 90) each time.
Thank You.jpeg for pulling me back to reality.

Izzy xx

Glad to hear...I know I did better not necessarily by increasing the time involved in a particular activity...but the frequency.
Pushing things to find their limit was just a step backward for me.
Short walks several times per day did much better than one long walk.

You are going to get there.
Hugs for a good day:flwrysmile:

Just popping in to say I am hanging in here ... legs ache! Seem to have lost my positivity and patience ... and Hubby doesn't help thinking I should be further along! I know I should be at five months but my new muscles are telling me otherwise. I just cannot walk unassisted and it is difficult doing things one handed.

But I WILL soldier on, I have to for my mental health as well as physical.

Good night my dear friends, as always thank you for being there.

Obrigada.jpeg Izzy xx

Hello Izabel,
Listen to your body in this case and not hubby. I know he loves you and means well but only you can "feel" what's too much. Consider all you've been through in less than two years. It's a lot to recover from.
Scaling back is wise, rather than throwing your hands up. I have every confidence you'll continue progressing, but you need to do at at your own pace without the added stress of worrying about meeting someone else's expectations.
I hope you have a good sleep. Big hugs to you.
@Izabel

Hello sweet friend. @Izabel

I almost missed your post, with your new profile picture. I am so sorry about the loss of your friend and General blue feelings. You have been through so much. I too thought I would be much further at 5 months. Every time I push too much it delays progress. I like Mojos idea of more sets, not longer each time. My muscles do not like being overworked.

I wish I could snap my fingers or wiggle my nose and come visit you for the afternoon. Sending big hugs from VA. xxxxx ❤️ Sarah

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
All2Gd88
Recent bookmarks

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom