THR Ahipgma recovery

@ahipgma Looks like you are up on deck! Sending you the best of wishes and will be thinking of your tomorrow.
I hope today is an easy, peaceful day for you. :flwrysmile:

Thanks! Immediate postop was rough so will try to talk to my team about that and it'll be better this go- round!
Will check in after!.
Carol

Practice makes perfect, @ahipgma , and with your bedside nursing expertise, I think it’s likely you can devise some adjustments that will get you through more smoothly this time. You deserve all the best! I remember you told me you intended to be more generous with the pain medication:) Prayers coming your way...

@ahipgma
Three weeks ago I had my second hip replacement, both done within 2 1/2 months, and I also had a bad experience during the first day and night of the first operation’s post-op. The second time it went much better. This was due to me being very vocal about my prior experience and concerns I had going into the second. I told everyone within reach on what needed to work. I told the nurses at my pre-op visit, the various doctors and nurses at check in, the nurses and doctors in the recovery room, and the nurses and doctors when I got to the room, the nurses when shifts changed, etc... I’m convinced this made all the difference. Even if someone is helping advocate for you it’s important for you to also advocate for yourself.

Meanwhile, take time for yourself tonight and maybe see a good movie or eat a great dinner. Nothing wrong with spoiling yourself! :flwrysmile:

Best wishes for tomorrow and we’ll be thinking of you!

Carole

Hi, @ahipgma, I totally agree with @ceezee You need to be vocal (repeatedly) and firm with your hospital team about what you need. I think they probably want you to have a better experience as well, but they deal with so many patients daily that it really is up to you to be clear and make your requests/needs known. With any amount of luck you won't be in the hospital too long (seems like they're always looking to throw you out the door early!) and I hope you go home with a full complement of appropriate drugs so that, once home, you can settle in and turn your attention to a smooth recovery. Best of luck tomorrow!

Good Morning and Happy Tuesday!
You have some great support here. Many good thoughts and prayers going up.
I'll bet you do great tomorrow and we'll look forward to an update once you're resting comfortably.
Sending a hug and wishing you comfort as you wait....not long now. :friends:
@ahipgma

Sending you all the best for a better recovery than last and it will be because of course you will be more vocal, right?Looking forward to you being on the other side as I am sure you are too.Write when you can but rest and take the time you need to feel better.1 short day will come and go.

Thanks all
@ceezee your staging was even closer than mine. I feel like the first hip will do ok supporting the second as I am 15 weeks out.
The first hip was my first surgery and even though I am a nurse with 40 years at the bedside I had no idea I would be so sick! This time as you said much more vocal and better prepared. @Barbaraj my insurance approved me for a 2 day stay so you are not kidding they throw you out fast! Thanks for the well wishes @mikeycat, my bilateral hero-- nurses are the worst chickens sometimes and I definitely am more nervous this time. @Ptarmigan, thanks, we'll be cheering you on your long awaited surgery before you know it. @CricketHip and dear @Layla, you are part of what makes bonesmart so wonderful. Thanks.
And guess what? The water pressure just went on our kitchen sink and our plumber just told me to go buy a faucet!
Ahhh--- a distraction!:yes:

@Mayhip8 @ChrissyW , @Calgal, dont know my time yet but it's getting late on your side of the pond. Thank you for all our support, laughter and virtual travels in the past 3+ months. May the God who watches over all of us, over you Mayhip as you mourn, over you Calgal and Chrissy as your healing continues, and for myself for courage and peace!, continue to bless our friendship as we journey!
:roseshwr: and :friends:s
Carol

We have propel water which is a clear electrolyte water. The nurse said they prefer we drink electrolyte water to prevent lyte imbalance/dehydration.
Also, my surgeon called to check in and I mentioned my nausea of last time to him and he referred me to anesthesia, but made some suggestions. Still I'll tell it to the hospital cleaning lady if it gets results!

I'm curious, and maybe you have already said. What hospital are you going to? Will be sending you lots of good thoughts tomorrow morning and especially around noon!!

@mainegirl1 Her surgery is tomorrow. :heehee: I need to go check in with your recovery.. :flwrysmile:

@ahipgma want to wish you the best for tomorrow, hoping you have a restful night tonight. Check in with us tomorrow when you feel up to it and make sure you're as vocal as you need to be to stay comfortable. You've got this b-day sista, us gals our tough ones!
:happydance:

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
tibiaplateauaft
Recent bookmarks
Back
Top Bottom