THR A new world..there better be coffee

Aah! Coffee from the nurses station! And it's good!
Been out of surgery since 9 am but the fuzzy first two hours after are a blur Was dozing and breathing ao peacefully but shallowly that the alarms kept going off
Downed the crackers and ginger ale and hubby is off to Panera. I am ravenous 4 hours post op
Pain level 1
Doing fidgets in bed Walked from stretcher to bed. maybe 15 steps No restrictions;anterolateral minimally invasive procedure
Surgeon Found blood in joint. I'll have to ask him what that means.
Surgeon is George Babikian; regarded as a rock star by staff and my friends. He is in Falmouth ME
Love my ice!
Bring me a penguin!
I did not sleep at all last night Lyrica and Celebrex did nothing. but all is well now!
I do need a snooze
@Supersonic you there? I haven't searched for you yet
I am shopping for a Fitbit

Sounds like you are doing well @mainegirl1 ! Rest as much as you can (hospitals are horrid places to try and sleep). Keep that icing going. Happy Healing!

@mainegirl1 so glad to hear things are going well now and you've had plenty of coffee. Sounds like there might have been a pain management problem that is now taken care of. Yeah for hubby heading to Panera!
:loveshwr:

Congrats and Welcome to Recovery! :welome: @mainegirl1
It's nice to see you posting already and I'm happy to read you're pain is under control.
Enjoy the Panera, then get some rest and ice away. :ice:

It sounds like you are in good spirits @mainegirl1 ! Get plenty of rest and keep up with your meds.

ooops sorry Doc came in
His words "just because you can doesn't mean you should"
and use the walker for ten days.
And if it hurts don't do it
Sound familiar?
He said the joint was inflamed and had blood in it and was worse than the x rays looked
Now must rest with mindless TV!

PT is a hot dude ! Per my daughter who is single!
Funny of the day: I got a notice at 9:06 am I have an xray appointment at 9:10 am. Today.at 9:06 I was in the OR. out under GA!
So far up and walking x 2. peeing x 4 in six hours
No painkillers save Tylenol. Pain level 1 achy
:spin: woo hoo
They keep reminding me I must use the walker for a week and not to run with it( I walk too fast)
No cane save on steps.
reason is that the implant is uncemented and rest required for osteophytes to take hold.

"Just cause you can doesnt mean you should"
I have to keep repeating that to myself so I wrote it twice

@mainegirl1 you just sound fabulous, I so good your recovery remains this uneventful! Love the no running with the walker! :rotfl:

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5115238/

I had the minimally invasive anterolateral aporoach
I just posted the link for something you may not have heard of.
Be advised I am a patient and not a medical professional.
So far it's working
Not on any pain meds save Tylenol and I can put on socks! And gentle stretches! I love it!:loveshwr:
But I should stop posting and go pee. again
and get out my beach novel I am tired but brain fog not really
I did a hard Sudoku

:rofsign:@mainegirl1 You sound amazing!
I think you are on a post op high, and I get that. I get all giddy afterwards, too.
Bless your heart, just like your pre op thread was titled you knew you waited too long. But it’s behind you now and it’s all about the healing and recovery and Using The Walker! :rotfl:
I hope you can catch up your sleep tonight. I never slept the night before surgery, either.

You sound fantastic. Very happy for you and amazing that you are only on Tylenol. You are on your way to full healing (more slowly that you want) and to hiking and swimming and all your other adventures.

Hey hopped over to to your thread to say thanks for asking and Im doing ok!
Will hear what my time for Wednesday is tomorrow
My first postop day last time was sleeping in between wetting the bed while vomiting, so I am so very glad you are doing so very well! I had lots of pain too so enjoy your shiny new pain free hip!
I will just be glad that it's over with, and maybe POD 3 I will think about coffee!:beer:

@mainegirl1
Your recovery is amazing already. Will have to read up on the approach you had for surgery in case I need my other hip done.
Nice to see you so excited and happily on your way through recovery.

Its as much the surgeons experience as the particular approach
And mine has done hundreds of these each year since 2006. He was part of the group that came up with the approach
And bow I understand why narcotic are not given as a matter if course
Not needed much with this approach
But man I am peeing
800 ml each tine. 7 times today!
The cool thing is when you arrive you are told to make yourself go
Then they do an ultrasound of your bladder to make sure its empty. Voila no urinary catheter!

You mentioned a fitbit, put that idea out of your head. Almost every time anyone mentions one on here it turns into put that thing in the drawer and forget about it. There's no need to keep score, your body will keep it's own score and tell you what the limits are.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
tibiaplateauaft
Recent bookmarks
Back
Top Bottom