MUA knee so stiff<<

@bland9 Can you tell us if you’ve scheduled an appointment this week with your GP or another surgeon? Also curious if you’ve tried laying prone few minutes at a time to stretch leg several times day and let gravity assist in straightening? If you can bear to do this for short but several times daily I know it will help with your extension and in long run perhaps alleviate constant pain, dont give up!

Noticing now the other leg and foot is completely swollen too. Boy my new knee feel like someone stabbing it with a knife even laying down pain unbelievable

I feel for you, and hope you will get an appointment soon. Will be following in the hope you improve and et some help. haven't had an MUA but I also feel a stabbing pain through the knee on moving it, got worse now at 8 weeks post op. Thankfully at rest it's ok, just a dull ache. Have iced, elevated etc since day 1 post-op, swelling has gone down a lot, don't know what to do. Will see my PT next Monday and will ask her opinion, and if it continues will bring forward my appointment with the surgeon.

Please all forgive me for being such a winger but sometimes you the only people who understand the frustration I suffer- has my recent post state went for short hour walk with plenty of resting stops- but for my short walk Ive suffered from 3 days of severe pain that make one feels sick with and continues - ALL I wish is for one day without pain and more than two hours sleep per night would be good-not a lot to ask -oh and to walk without severe bend in knee would be good.

If you are in pain and not sleeping then you’re doing too much. The walking without pain will come, but you’re not a month out of an MUA, which means you should still be taking it easy. I know how hard it is to rest, but at this point that’s really what’s best for your knee.

OOOWW - EXCRUCIATING pain -now comparable to first day having the knee done - nobody can say this is Normal -I had three days of rest and cannot even put weight on leg neither because of severity - all this because I had a Hours walk with rest break= No this cannot be so - do not think I got infection in knee has feel well and leg is cool to the touch- will call the Doctor tomorrow and hope I can get an appointment-

I'd say it is normal after walking a mile on a knee that had a MUA just a few weeks before. Remember we told you that the MUA sets your start time at the day it was done, not your surgical day. Three days of rest isn't enough. But, do try and see your doctor to make sure everything is OK. Continue to ice and elevate and rest until you can see him.

Made appointment today to see Doctor at 11.15am-struggle to walk to Health Centre only to be told "we sorry the appointment was mistakenly made for Friday" - so looked like a wasted journey until explain knees are killing me and so seeing Doctor at 5,15pm - really getting at me is this strength of pain and soreness -
Have followed Josephine no exercise apart from recent 3 min gentle small pedal bike rotations- if I continue with no or very little exercises- how by doing nothing do that help my " leg to straighten "

Went to Doctors and really was a waste of time - though he did say I should not be experiencing the pain levels and should be more advanced than I am- told me to contact my Surgeon and hopefully get an appointment soon
Just about had enough -why did the heck I had this done,

Doctor gave me a letter that states I had a Obvious Varus deformity- could this be one of the reason I suffering pain on Medial side now due to previous deformity

Last edited:
It makes sense to me. Your muscles and tendons are adjusting to a completely different way of walking now. That's bound to call pain.

I'm sorry you're having such a challenging recovery. Don't forget you also had an MUA which can irritate those soft tissues. The fact that you could do stairs is a good sign. I can tell you I wasn't doing hour-long walks at 4 months and I had excellent extension--so not your challenge (I was lucky that way.) After about a half hour I could feel the knee start to protest a bit so I stopped before joining the ODIC. I gradually added more time as the knee tolerated it.

What I'm saying is that because walking is more challenging to you because your extension has a way to go--it likely challenges your tendons & the knee--it makes it more painful when you try a long walk. So though you feel you shouldn't be this uncomfortable at four months because others aren't, you are having challenges specific to your knee and can't be on a particular "schedule."
Still, I hope your OS can investigate further to find out if something else is going on.

@kneeper @sistersinhim thankyou for your kind support it is very much appreciated - I beginning to feel so depressed and writing this in partial tears has the pain even now writing this is excruciating -10 out of 10 the pain levels are when putting weight on it. burning pain while laying down:bawl:- really don't know how long I can keep this up.

I hope you don’t have to wait long for an appointment with your surgeon and that it is productive.
Doctor gave me a letter that states I had a Obvious Varus deformity- could this be one of the reason I suffering pain on Medial side now due to previous deformity
Did you have this varus deformity before surgery, and was it corrected during the surgery?

@Jockette =yes have the deformity before Surgery and surgeon states it was corrected but to me I not to sure - I cannot walk with feet straight and are pointing in the 10- 2

@bland9. So sorry for all this pain and trouble you’re going through, hoping surgeon can explain or give more details as what he can do for you. :sad: Hopefully he will give you some helpful information or answers or even specific exercises to help with your particular situation.

Last edited:
@knee#2 Thankyou for your continued support- Got an emergency appointment tomorrow so hopefully may get some answers or a least some test done to determined whats causing this rigid bend in leg and bad pain,

Been reading about adhesions especially after MUA - The condition call Arthrofibrosis really stood out and all the symptoms shown - fit in what I am suffering stiffness loss of flexion, rom, limping , soreness, and pain -hopefully tomorrow will find out whatever wrong-
Ideas anyone

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• Jaycey
    ADMINISTRATOR Staff member since February 2011

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
JanieMarie
Recent bookmarks