TKR DLR recovery #2

I'd be loath to make a firm statement without seeing the xray but the pattern seems somewhat indicative of a loose implant.

@Josephine thanks. At physio they notice there is more “play” in the knee compared to my other one. Tested by the pull on the lower leg as you would to check an ACL or PCL tear.

'More play' is not in keeping with a loose implant.

B4CCD339-DC04-4709-A684-34D081A2D349.png
@Josephine i just had xrays done they report says alignment is correct no signs of failure.

Good News!!!!!! I bet you're relieved. So happy for you. L

• Agree
Reactions: DLR
A new level of pain last night! Yesterday we went out for dessert, after sliding sideways out of the booth I got my anterior knife like pain walking to the car. We went home and had a quiet evening legs elevated.
I got into bed and rolled onto my side and level 10 pain through the knee, I tried the other side pain shot to 10, rolled felt on back pain eased unless I moved and as soon as my leg would relax and start to move into a relaxed position level 10 pain returned by now pain is running right up into my hip. Got up walking didn’t hurt, went to recliner for 2 hours then able to go back to bed and sleep. Today I have level 3 pain in the hip and back, knee is a 2 . Xrays as stated before show knee is good ... @Josephine suggestions
I can’t get into my surgeon until October

Last edited:
Josephine is off this week. I would suggest rest it as much as you can. Call your surgeon and at least report it, if it continues.

Ouch! That doesn't sound like a barrel of fun. It wouldn't be anything to do with the IT Band would it? The fact that it went from medial knee to hip made me think of it. I wonder if it's become very inflamed, but I'm no medic so best to get it checked out properly by someone who knows what they're talking about.

I hope you get some answers and it all calms down soon.:console2:

Well at my PT’s suggestion I went to see my family doctor. She thinks a fair bit of the pain is inflammation, as I had a weeks relief back in July after using 12 hour Advil with 8 hour Tylenol for 3 weeks, the after stopping the Advil the pain returned. She has put me on regular icing and Naproxen for 2 to 4 weeks to see if we can get it to settle. At least it is something to try :)

I'm glad you went to the doctor. I hope this routine helps your knee to settle down.

• Agree
Glad you saw a doctor. Severe inflammation can be extremely painful. I know my tendon that I have trouble with is excruciating at times. It's flared up at the moment, but not too bad, although I am icing it and taking my turmeric as I can't take anti-inflammatories. I hope you get some relief soon.

• Agree

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• djklaugh
    Staff member since December 30, 2020
  • mendogal
    Staff member since November 10, 2023

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties