THR Worries about pain and recovery<

You'll get there @Misscarol Have confidence in that. Slowly but surely you'll notice progress and find your way. Some recoveries take longer than others and the fact that yours was more complex explains why it's taking a bit longer. Have faith and just keep moving forward. We'll be here cheering you on as you go.
Hugs and a great day to you!

Thankyou Layla...its a tough ride with the post operative blues on top....l just keep thinking l am not going to get through this.... trying to keep positive....really appreciate your messages....thanks again..

Thankyou Barbara...appreciate your lovely messages...good luck to you....:console2:

Barbara...are you having a LHR tomorrow??

Did a little bending today to do some hoovering with a little hand vac....felt ok at the time...ouch ouch .. am l in pain tonight...this is crazy ....would that set me back?? ...so want to be independent...cannot afford a cleaner to come in and friends have been so good on other fronts...

Went to see a new physio yesterday...she was excellent (not heavy handed) and very reassuring...she put me back on 2 sticks , as she said l was leaning too far to right !!....some gentle exercises and walking walking walking is her mantra...shes one of our gang :hiking: so as a consequence. .feeling the "black cloud " is lifting....:SUNsmile:....not out of the woods yet , as some of you know it can creep back and "bite you on the butt" but l feel as if l have some strength to bite back.....have a wonderful day my fellow "hippys "

Morning everyone...sorry l havent been in touch for a while...have been struggling both physically and mentally...the doctor wanted to put me on anti depressants, but , l had a bad reaction to both...tummy wise....we finally settled on HRT..which seems to be helping with hot /cold flushes and mood (slightly) but it's only 4th day...had full blood count...and all clear , including inflammatory markers....l have had a lot of lower back pain , which seems to radiate from a very sore (to touch ) near hip joint...right in the buttock....the hip feels restricted...as if l need to click it....doesnt seem to move freely...l have been going to see a bio mechanics remedial therapist recently...she does very gentle massage and gentle manipulation....she feels there may be a "restriction " in the hip or just the muscle in spasm ....she has asked me to speak to physio on my next visit...the only thing is its 200 miles away and didn't really feel as l was getting anywhere....the OS....about 3 weeks ago said my journey will be longer given my failed pins and screws and femoral head collapsing prior to THR....when l am walking unaided the hip feels very sore in that particular spot...so...its restricting my progress...l am scared....@Josephine , would you have a view ?? Or anyone else...please help...l am going crazy....so sorry to rant....good luck to everyone else....

OS....about 3 weeks ago said my journey will be longer given my failed pins and screws and femoral head collapsing prior to THR.
Indeed these 2 complications will impact your recovery time. I had a collapse before my LTHR and my recovery took over one year.
when l am walking unaided the hip feels very sore in that particular spot.
Then it is not time to walk unaided. There is no schedule for giving up walking aids. Use a cane or crutch until you can walk confidently and without pain.

Thankyou Jaycey...do you think there may be a complication ? Or just time ?....someone mentioned bursitis ?.....much appreciated....

Good advice here as always. I realized the more you do the more your hips scream 'uncle' and you will stop. I couldn't even imagine 7 hours somewhere 3 weeks post-op. I was still in la la land.Be easy on yourself and keep those at bay who do not have an inkling what you are going through. And yes everyone knows someone who did a triathlon 2 weeks post-op--yea right like fish tale stories. Go slowwwwwwwwwwww.

Hi,
I'm sorry you continue to struggle and suffer pain. Given your situation was complicated to begin with, and it's only been three months, you may need to muster up some patience, I realize that's easier said than done. Your surgeon stated your recovery will take longer due to the failed pins / screws and femoral head collapse, while it's cold comfort, he's given you an explanation for your ongoing issues. I'm sorry you're dealing with this.

You've taken some positive steps and it's good to read that as a result your hot flashes and mood have both improved. Since it's only been four days, I'd assume you can look forward to brighter days.

If your Physio is 200 miles away and you weren't experiencing anything positive from your visits, I'd find a Physio closer by in an effort to save time, money and hopefully achieve a better result.

Josephine is currently away from the forum and we can tag her when she returns. In an effort to keep her from being inundated with tags upon her return, stay in touch and we'll see if you're feeling any improvement a week from now. If not we will draw her in.

In the meantime, ice any areas of discomfort to help with pain and inflammation and take any pain meds you've been prescribed on schedule. If you're not taking anything for pain relief Josephine often recommends Extra Strength Tylenol at 1000 mg, every six hours, not to exceed 4000 mg in any 24 hr period. You must calculate in anything else you're taking that contains Acetaminophen into the 4000 mg as to not go over that amount per 24 hrs.

Wishing you comfort and speedy relief. I hope your week is a peaceful one.
@Misscarol

Thankyou Layla...your an inspiration ..l do understand that l am going to have to be patient...l am just worried that this restriction...feels impinged...is something else ??...wonder if x.rays would set my mind at rest??...many good wishes to you...

Hi @Misscarol
You have had a time of it, and I’m sorry you are worrying so.
Patience is hard fought for when you feel like you should be doing more.
But.. I’m reading your thread and you actually sound like you have made progress, especially in light of all of your difficulties before your hip surgery.
Many of us have that pain when we bear weight on the operated leg- I have it too and am still in my cane.
But am looking for those silver linings like noticing my energy drain is much improved. My gait with the cane can be controlled and am accomplishing a perfect “heel toe gait”.
Ok, well I think it’s perfect :heehee:
I’m also spending more time outside of my home which is wonderful.

Maybe you can list some positive changes, too?
Now this week I am concentrating on eating better. I’ve really indulged myself with this recovery and can’t imagine that’s helping my recovery!

Good luck and I hope you can think of some of the progression you’ve achieved, because while slow, I bet it’s there. :console2:

Thankyou cricket hip....your right there has been progress....driving etc....difficult to see positives when you are down mentally...but ...my fellow hippy ...onwards :yahoo:and upwards ...many thanks.

It is difficult sometimes, we tend to see and feel the negatives. You are improving, you just had a longer row to hoe than some of us. But you are doing it!! :yes:

Many thanks crickethip...the latest thinking from a physio friend is bursitis and all the signs are there ???.....as it was by phone...need to get diagnosis.....any advice...is helpful...and how to heal .....best wishes and thanks...

Hello everyone...l hope this finds you well...we have had awful weather , but , the sun is out today...so that's good....started to get thigh pain from hip , right down to knee when walking...l have been trying to take weight off my crutch , as my hand was getting sore...am l putting too much weight through it ??? Because of my past history with hip , l am starting to think loose implant....am really struggling mentally and physically...it just goes on and on....

Hi @Misscarol
Since Josephine is away from the forum and we don't have an exact date for her return, possibly you should consider scheduling a visit with your surgeon. I think until you get confirmation from him as to the origin of your pain and the reassurance your implant is secure, you won't rest easy. Please give it some consideration.
Stay in touch we're here for you.
Sending a hug and wishing you comfort. :console2:

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• Mojo333
    Staff member since August 15, 2017

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
corvettejanie