Bilateral TKR 5 weeks post op

Yes, Celle, I have realized that half-days, with therapy twice a week is about I can handle. Twelve weeks out and still on the cane, OS is pleased with everything and the boss is letting me dictate my hours, answering a lot of questions for clients on my phone while in the recliner. My OS asked me yesterday if I am ready to say that I'm glad I did this and had to to be honest and tell him No, not yet but I can feel that day coming soon. Really great to get back out in the world and see people who are glad to have you back, that is making a big difference in the recovery at this stage. Also getting lot of compliments on the weight loss, which is also very helpful in the recovery.

It was about 4-5 months before I was glad I had the tkr. Many others are glad much quicker than what I was. You are improving and that's a good thing!

I just walked from the recliner to the kitchen and back without the cane! Sat down and sobbed like a grown man who hasn't been able to walk on his own in 12 weeks! I am so Unbelievably blessed. My wife asked why I was crying, I know that y'all understand why.

I just walked from the recliner to the kitchen and back without the cane! Sat down and sobbed like a grown man who hasn't been able to walk on his own in 12 weeks! I am so Unbelievably blessed.

Congratulations! :yes!: :happydance: :yay:

That's a big milestone.

Congrats, here's to lots more firsts!

I am so Unbelievably blessed. My wife asked why I was crying, I know that y'all understand why.
You bet I understand. Crying for joy is the best cry there is! Congratulations on your achievement.

Thanks be to God, for my surgeon and his team, the PTs, my loving wife, I took a shower standing up for the first time in 5 months, my next goal is an Astros game in 3 weeks and then then the Texans, we have season tickets with a big group and they are all cheering for for me but y'all have been my rock throughout this, God bless all of you

Hello @Donbmt: the first standing shower is a great accomplishment. I remember mine quite well.

Go Astros (incredible game tonight!), Go Texans!

Reliant and Minute Maid are both great about assisting fans.....(been there done that pre TKR)
Ask if you need help!

You should be able the cheer in both places......add one for me....they are my teams too....
(Boo Cowboys)

Super report! :thumb:

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
All2Gd88
Recent bookmarks
Back