TKR 2 new knees, 3 months apart oy vey

Please know when I say pain free, I’m still feeling my knees, but I know know it is just building up strength. I walked up a pretty steep hill yesterday, no pain, but I knew I have to strengthen my muscles, I could feel the weakness. Does that make any sense??

Yes, but you’re still doing very well for 3 months. :egypdance:

Well it’s been a day, booked 2 cruises, one to the Baltic’s 9 days. And 30 days Asia. Starting next week I will be at Silver Sneakers doing building strength.
I think walking up the hill yesterday put a strain on my knees, they feel swollen today. Oh well I will ice all tomorrow looking for flights

Tell me which classes you do, I should go.

@Benay we haven’t gone to Silver Sneakers yet, I know I have to strengthen my legs, and build up endurance walking. My wife and I are going this week to check it out.

It has been a few days, I’ve been spending my time on the computer looking for flights. Things are going well, my 3 month old knee hurts right above the knee cap, a spot about the size of a 50 cent piece. Can’t figure it out
Tonight was Salsa music tonight, I even took a small Salsa lesson and got 4 dances in I’m loving my new knees

Today my knees are ok from the dancing, but I can’t figure out why my 6 month old knee Tiff, is acting up, she is stiff all of a sudden, the 3 month old Syd is doing ok, except the pain right above the kneecap. Any ideas, I’m all ears 70’s and 80’s rock tonight

6 months is only halfway healed. You will still have ups and downs for a while.

Sorry I have not been around, busy planning our trip to the Baltic in Oct.
6.5 old knee still swells a bit, I have been icing her. The other day I was walking, and I realized I had a cool swagger in my step, felt good
I do believe I’m coming to the end of my blogging on BS, life is happening, and not my knees.
This blog has been a God send, and I am so grateful, thank you all

Take care, enjoy your trip. Weaning off BS is sad, I'll be sorry to not to see you out there. Alumni!

I do believe I’m coming to the end of my blogging on BS, life is happening, and not my knees.
This blog has been a God send, and I am so grateful, thank you all
This is like sending a child on to college. To some extent we are sorry to see them move on with life yet happy they are ready for that next step and all that awaits them.

Best wishes to you and all that awaits you with new knees to do great things with!

@winemama I'm feeling twinges in my right untouched knee. Kind of envious of you and @LaxMom and @Denny39 being that it's all over for you three. Feeling I may be back at some time in the future obsessing over the right knee :bolt:Not an altogether happy thought. As left gets stronger it might give right a break. Hoping to get a few more years out of her. Stand in awe of the bi's.

I have enjoyed all your posts, winemama.
Wean off.
Make sure you do a post after your trip.
Enjoy!
PS FYI, Medicare will buy you a new cpap device (one every five years from the first one they pay for). I just learned that mine has the APAP ( auto adjust within a range), but it is not activated. I’m going to discuss with my doctor trying the APAP, as I will be sleeping on my back because of the shoulder for quite a while.

Helloooooo just checking in. 7.5 and 4.5 months since TKR. Things are going well, my wife has some sort of tendon thing going on in her foot, so she is wearing a boot, so I am doing all the driving. This has made the 7.5 knee swell a bit, no pain, but enough I can feel it I still ice and rest them in the evening
Danced the night away last weekend, and felt great
I’m so glad I had my knees done, and some days I forget I have then, which is something I never thought I’d say
Have been walking the track at the gym, and stairs. Carpeted stairs are still a bit high for me, but 7” is great
Off pain meds for about 6 weeks, nothing at all anymore
I thought I’d never get through this, but I did with all your help. Thanks again

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
All2Gd88
Recent bookmarks
Back
Top Bottom