TKR Toes Purple today

Sorry you are feeling discouraged ,I struggle with that too. It's a snails pace this recovery, and exceedingly frustrating sometimes. Today was good for me, last week mostly sucked. Nice to have a place to vent where people understand!!
:console2:

Really agree w Celle: under-medicated and over-exerted wreaks havoc w your sleep. And five weeks isn’t such a long time after major surgery.
Hope you rest snd feel better soon.

I iced and elevated even after I returned to work part time at 12 weeks. At five weeks post op the majority of your day should be spent with your TKR leg up. When it’s down it’ll swell and ache. When I went to restaurants around week 8-10 I still elevated my leg.

You’re very early in this recovery, so give your knee some time to heal.

Thanks all! Yes, just kidding, I know I wrote that post on July 12th, but it's not how I am today ! (how quickly things can change with this journey).

Yes, you are right, I have been trying to cut back on pain medication especially during the day. And also, have been doing too much. (Went out shopping with my sister last week for something to wear to a wedding). That day my knee was extremely swollen. I'm learning the hard way I guess. Need to get back to more icing and elevating.

Just needed to tell someone and you all are the ones who understand as you have taken or are taking the same journey. Listening to stories of people who are recovering quickly and can sometimes be depressing when you feel you aren't making the same progress.
Thanks for the good reminders

@Lucy1 I understand your frustration very well. When you read about other people’s recovery and compare yourself to them it can be really depressing. I am 4 weeks post op and still using the cane. It’s a very painful and slow recovery. We have to stay strong and stay positive!!

Mannbub thank you for your comments. I'm still using my cane as well at almost five weeks. But we'll get there.. Look how far we have come. Lucy

I used my cane for several months, as did many of us.

Thanks Jockette for that insight. Good to know as I feel more steady even inside with the cane. L

Don’t give up the cane until you are ready. Only you can make that decision.

Even after you don’t need it most of the time, keep it in your car in case a situation comes up later on where it will be handy. I keep mine in the car.

I keep my cane in my car cause you just don't know when I might need it. It's better to have it and not need it than to need it and not have it.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• Layla
    Staff member since November 20, 2017
  • djklaugh
    Staff member since December 30, 2020
  • Pumpkin
    Staff member since March 26, 2015

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member