TKR 2 new knees, 3 months apart oy vey

Hip hop, hooray!! Fantastic news :cheers:

Thank you everyone. I honestly feel good, my mind is clear, and I feel like doing stuff. My wife let me start planning a big trip, so I am looking at 30 day cruise to Asia. I deserve this

Thank you everyone. I honestly feel good, my mind is clear, and I feel like doing stuff. My wife let me start planning a big trip, so I am looking at 30 day cruise to Asia. I deserve this
Drool!!! That sounds amazing. A great reward for all the suffering and hard work you've put in.
:yahoo:

I think (if my getting clearer mind counted correctly) that your knee surgeries were 11 weeks apart. My 2019 knee and shoulder surgeries were 8 weeks apart, so I empathize with your feelings recovering from two. Definitely more of a challenge to one’s stamina.

How exciting to feel renewed! I am noticeably better this week as well. I just posted my 9-week update on my Shoulder RCR thread noting that. I even rode along in the car with my husband first thing today to get bird seed. We have hundreds of birds in our yard, so we buy big sacks. (eBird and MerlinBirdID apps are highly recommended BTW). And we extended it by driving through the huge wildlife preserve enroute home. Showers and thunder here today, so I did not get out. Still, big outing!

So enjoy your energy and your clear mind! Congratulations! Thanks for sharing.

Last edited:
I know recovering from Rotator cuff surgery is a bear. I’m having trouble with my one shoulder again, had an EMG test (nerve testing). Something is going on, I’m loosing strength in my arm. I don’t know if I can take another surgery

Crazy thing happened today. When I was getting my pedi, my toes were hyper sensitive, everything felt like electronic current. Never was like that befor the knee surgeries

Well done, sounds like your recovery is going great! How wonderful to be planning a cruise!

My toe nails got super sensitive early on, just with the sheet on them. It passed but I thought maybe I was being ridiculous. Happy to hear you've had the same experience.

Oooh pedi...sounds delightful! Well except for the sensitive toes, what a bummer.
I need to get my nails done but I don't think I'm ready to sit in a chair that long. I might just have them taken off. They are really grown out. I didn't think that through when I got em the week before surgery - whoops
:doh::heehee:

I need a mani and a pedi, but don’t feel like having my hands or arms touched yet after the RCR, or the legs yet with the ligament sprain healing.

I’m far enough (Mar22) from the PKR that my OS said I could do the pedi, but he requires patients to take antibiotics on the day of anything like that for a year after the surgery (two one hour before and two 6 hours after). I’m getting my teeth cleaned next week and will take them that day.

I can shave my legs now (using the left hand) with an electric shaver to avoid nicks (and taking antibiotics for cuts), but I put a lidocaine cream on right after or the nerves will sing to me.

How nice it must be to look down and see pretty feet. When I look at mine, they look so strange, I’m tempted to ask them to identify themselves.

I really hope you don’t need more shoulder surgery. It is so easy to lose strength in your arms after knee surgery—any surgery really.
Perhaps you are sleeping awkwardly?

@marieltha the dr and I know something is amis with my shoulder, but he has no idea. He believes it is a nerve, hence the test. I can’t go through anymore pain.

:console2: Just a little sympathy about your shoulder. I can't even imagine. You've already done so much.
:sad:

Been off a few days, been busy, music at night, and planning what is now 3 trips. I know I’m feeling better as I am like my old self, it’s honestly strange being almost pain free. What little pain I’m having is more like a ache. Now a day I can’t wait to get outside

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
All2Gd88
Recent bookmarks

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom