MUA DebP's recovery thread<^

Jockette pretty said it all. Have you tried icing and elevating right before bed? Maybe that would help you. I can't imagine working the way to have to and on top of that not sleeping well. My prayers are with you.

Still working 3 12 hour shifts per week. Still painful and find that a day between shifts is helpful with. "healing." Have been icing and elevating when getting off shift (I work nights) before going to bed. I have a question. How beneficial is lap swimming or just playing in the pool for knee healing? Public pool is now open her in Yuma and I love swimming. Also is it normal to feel like I have arthritis in my knee when I get out of bed after waking up or even sitting for a while then getting up. Pain rating at 8/10, goes away after moving for a few minutes.

Personally I think you are getting plenty of a work out, exercise wise, at work, and if it was me, I would rest as much as I could for a while longer, when I wasn’t at work. You are not even halfway healed yet and work 12 hour shifts, in which I think you are probably on your feet quite a bit.

I would think the pool would be lovely for leisure, so go and relax and enjoy the water, just keep the bending of your knee to a minimum when you’re in the pool.

I live in a 55+ community and we have a nice pool. My surgery was March 2017, so I was about 3 months mid June. I did spend time in the pool but it was hard to not do all kinds of bending and stretching while I’m there talking to my neighbors. I finally took some time off going because I was inadvertently totally overdoing the bending and was causing myself additional pain. I finally had to concentrate on just floating on the noodle in the deep end where my legs could just hang and relax.

I have a question. I am 7 months post op and still having a great amount of pain.

When I get up after sleeping or after sitting for an hour I feel like I have major arthritis in my left knee. As I walk around the house after getting up or at work after sitting to chart or in my car etc, my pain level is at a 8-10 slowly dies down. to a tolerable 2-3. Is this normal?

I had the MUA at the end of March so I know that can set you back from what I hear. I am finding that my gait is changing which is causing pain to hips bilaterally when walking more than half a mile. Saw the ortho surgeon at the start of June with an xray. Was told that everything looked good and that I needed to give myself the full year to heal fully.

This pain waxes and wanes but never goes away and in the last 3 weeks I have noticed that I am losing range of motion. This is due to pain and not wanting to move the left leg as much. Still some slight swelling and warmth compared to the right knee. I am just frustrated.

Granted I can get up stairs a little better than before but this constant pain is scary. Is this as good as it will get?

I'm sorry you're still having pain.
Let's ask @Josephine if she can advise you.

I think I need to ask you my questions again. But because you didn't answer them fully last time - I left a post asking for an additional bit of information - I was unable to ever respond to them. If you look back at posts 35 and 36, can you answer them again please?

1. At rest sitting at the computer I am a 2/10. When I got out of bed this morning it was at an 8/10. Walking around it came down to a 4/10. When I stop and sit it feels tight and when I get up again it is almost an 8 again but comes down to a 3 or 4 quicker than when get up in the am.

2. I take Tylenol 1000mg 2 to 3 times a day. I am tired of taking meds and it does not seem to make that much difference. However when at work I try to take a third dose half way through the shift which helps a little.

3. Between the slight and moderate

4. I have been losing ROM in the last 3 weeks. Flexion is about 95-100 and extension is +1

5. icing about twice a week. Getting spasms in the knee area after a few moments of having the ice pack on. Plan to try warm pack to see if that is better or different.

6. have not elevated for a couple of months

7. Normal house work errands, working 12 hour shift two in a row with 2 to 3 days between depending on placement of shift in the week. Also doing walking with going on vacation to visit family in Atlanta. Just got back.

8. extensions 10 times every other day. Knee bends 3 to 4 times a day.
please note that I am losing ROM in the last 3 weeks due more to pain when doing.

No PT since mid April.

More detail needed, please
extensions 10 times every other day. Knee bends 3 to 4 times a day.
How do you do these extension?
How do you do the knee bends?
please note that I am losing ROM in the last 3 weeks due more to pain when doing.
What's it gone down from/to?

More detail needed, please
How do you do these extension?
How do you do the knee bends?
Extension done when leg is extended on recliner or even when standing.

When sitting in my recliner or sitting at work when I think of it I bend my knee or when walking I will over bend it. Afraid I don't hold the bend which I know I should.

What's it gone down from/to?
From about 115 and I am guesstimating down to about 95 from where I was at for my MUA on March 27th.

Extension done when leg is extended on recliner or even when standing.
Yes, but HOW do you do it?
When sitting in my recliner or sitting at work when I think of it I bend my knee or when walking I will over bend it.
Again, HOW do you do it?
Afraid I don't hold the bend which I know I should.
Who told you that? Because it's not true!
From about 115 and I am guesstimating down to about 95 from where I was at for my MUA on March 27th.
How do you 'guestimate' it?

I can measure it for you like this
If you will get someone to photograph your leg like these and in on of these poses. Please note the inclusion of the entire leg with hip and foot exposed

goniometry-horz.jpg

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
Dave4562
Recent bookmarks
Back
Top Bottom