THR Elf1 Recovery Road

Oh my! I hope your wait isn’t too long.

I hope they come through for you!

I’m surprised they started all that without your surgeon seeing you first. Especially the meds.

Tons of hugs!

:console2:

You started your post delivering the bad news to those of us on the forum with some humor and positivity---that really impressed me, and says a lot about you and your outlook! This situation totally stinks, but I have no doubt that you are going to get that surgery soon, and have the same positive outcome you ( and your cheerleaders) have been hoping for! Keep us posted:)

Oh WOW - but as others have expressed at least he’s ok and will be able to perform the surgery - maybe they are just reshuffling everyone - even those scheduled a few days out - to get those that missed out today in before the others so it’s taking a bit of time - but I understand your disappointment - let us know as soon as you get a new date
- this is one for the books - of all the things you worried about this Probably wasn’t even on your radar

Just more time for us to send you good wishes -

So sorry to hear this @Elf1! That must be so frustrating and disappointing! :thud: Like everyone else says, at least your OS is okay and can hopefully do the surgery soon. He's probably frustrated too. Things will get better soon! :fingersx: Hang in there.

Sending you hugs and love from afar. xx
z-flores6.gif

Oh hon. I am heartbroken along with you.
What a cruel twist of fate. I’m guessing they are running him though a battery of tests to rule out head injury etc. they will be cautious since he’s a surgeon, I would imagine.
hopefully you will hear something today.
I’m sending you lots of hugs and love.
So very sorry. And prayers for you and your surgeon.

Thank you, thank you everyone! Was a tough 24 hours but am now rescheduled for 8 July! Doc himself is out this week for evaluation by his Doc, wishing him the best. The scheduler apologized for not calling me to check in, she was trying to cancel clinic patients and was a bit strung out. I have learned in past dealings with this office staff that going in person gets much more accomplished. It's kind of if you're not right in front of them you're not a priority, sorry to say. But it's all working out.
:loveshwr:

Since I'm not Post-OP now I'll go back to my regular thread - The Waiting Game. Not sure if the admins want to combine this with that thread or not. Thanks!

That's great news @Elf1 ! This next week will fly by and you will be back in that operating theatre before you know it!

I think you should camp out on July 7...right there where the doctors park their BMWs. Bring an air mattress, and a bug zapper and get right in the parking spot.:heehee:
or really did you just want to get all those sweet sendoffs doubled up:) We will be happy to.:happydance:

@Elf1 Hallelujah! Thank goodness you went in and got a date! I agree with Mojo on camping out, lol. A new countdown begins, we're hanging in there with you!

EDIT: Bubble wrap, snicker :rotfl: Good to see you have a sense of humor about it!!!

It's unbelievable that you had to go in person to get your surgery date rescheduled. It's also a bit disheartening your surgeon's office didn't touch base with you after you were discharged and back home yesterday afternoon. At least checking to to see how you were feeling and offering reassurance they would be contacting you asap with your new surgery date.
Some people's kids! :hissy: :hairpulling: :gaah:
@Elf1

So pleased to hear you have a new date....that's a really good date :yahoo:.....so much better than the other......why?...8....is the luckiest number in the Chinese culture......and it will give you a head start......stay positive... x

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• Jaycey
    ADMINISTRATOR Staff member since February 2011

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
All2Gd88
Recent bookmarks

Latest posts